Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

Hybrid View

My Nana & Grandad as always!

It has been 10 years since my Nan passed and I still miss her now.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!!

I pray that each and every one of you who have lost loved ones this year will be blessed with a joyous new year in 2008, along with your families...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

at this time of year I remember my Aunt Margaret I used to spend many days with her when I lived in Ohio. She was my second mom. I would help her put out her decorations and she would always back us a loaf of christmas bread (which no one really liked ) but we never told her. We would graciously accept it every year. so when I think of christmas I think of Aunt Margaret and her christmas bread!

I miss both my parents terribly during the Christmas season because they both loved it and they both made it a wonderful happy time. The atmosphere in my home was one of joy and peace, my dad was always home Christmas eve and never ever sat at the bars. He trimmed the tree and I helped. He loved to decorate.
    Mom liked to have the house decorated but she didn't get involved in doing it.

This will be my 2nd Christmas without Dad and my 7th without mom. But I never let my kids or grandchildren see me sad for it's a happy time and I want them to have good memories too.

Enjoy all your special times with your parents and loved ones. May your homes be an atmosphere of joy and peace.

:santa:

I'll miss both of my parent's also..It's been 6 yrs since my dad passed and 4 since my mother passed away...The traditions that she tried so hard to keep I'll make sure they stay in the family.
    Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Merry Christmas from my home to yours.
    Theresa, Ron & Nolan & Misty the cat

thats a great way to honor her during the holidays.

I will and have been thinking of my Grandmother. Oh could that lady put on a Christmas. She has been gone now for 8 years and it is still very difficult for me at Christmas time. She use to do a lot of crafts. She made stockings and christmas tree skirts out of felt and sewed all kinds of sequins and beads on them. I had my Christmas tree skirt appraised about 12 years ago and they said to insure for $250.00. I am sure it is probably worth more than that now. Also our stockings are all stockings she made as each one of us kids were born. My stocking is 47 years old. When we each got married our spouse got one and then the grand kids. She even made up some nameless ones for after she died for any new babies to come into the family. She wrapped gifts like a fancy department store. She cooked all kinds of goodies and her Christmas dinner table would put Martha Stewart to shame. Most important of all she made sure us kids knew how much she loved us. She would do anything in the world for us I sure do miss her but I feel her memories in everything I do at Christmas.

It has been 20 years since I lost my first son. I still miss him and wonder what he would have been like at this age if he had lived.

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    My mates Kevin and Shakka as I will be at my family's house and will not have the opportunity to wish them Merry Xmas on the big day.

My parents, and all military men and women still with us and those who gave their lives for us

Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Night