Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those non christmas films that have become a part of christmas...

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I have never seen Love Actually. I agree with you Chantelle - I consider The Family Stone to be a Christmas movie. Even theough the story surrounds the inter-relationships of the family - the entire movie is set at Christmas time.

This is why I also think Die Hard is a Christmas Movie, but some people disagree
    Love Actually is even more about Christmas, as the entire film's timeline is leading up to Christmas Eve! But, again, some people disagree, that's why I put it here.
    Last edited by ChantelleJoy; 09-22-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I disagree on The Family Stone. I believe it to be a Christmas movie simply because Christmas is the reason they are all going home. It's not circumstantial...they are there FOR Christmas. Just my 2 cents. In that same vein, Die Hard would also be a "Christmas movie".
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Gremlins is a Christmas movie, but people tend to forget that. I've never considered The Sound Of Music a Christmas movie but for some reason lots of people do. Lady and the Tramp starts and ends with Christmas. I think it's a great choice if you have little ones and want to watch something different.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    Gremlins is a Christmas movie, but people tend to forget that. I've never considered The Sound Of Music a Christmas movie but for some reason lots of people do. Lady and the Tramp starts and ends with Christmas. I think it's a great choice if you have little ones and want to watch something different.

Oh I havn't seen it in AGES - maybe I'll add it to my Xmas Movie List this year! :D
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

And Meet Me In St Louis..
    Not a Christmas film, except some scenes, about 15-20 min and that is all.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Little Women!

GREAT call with the gremlins!jollyelfDC, my kids love it lol cause I showed it to them last year..lol, also on Tv here we have a 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story...I love it.[

Time Bandits is another film that is worth seeing over the festive season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd4DBq8a2y0
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.