Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you save for Christmas?

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Angeldog View Post
    I have a separate Christmas account that I put money into every month. During the year if I see the perfect gift for someone I buy it using the money from my Chrisstmas account. Since I started doing this I rarely have to use a credit card. I also take $ for Christmas cards, postage stamps and some holiday activities out of this account.
    That is a very good idea and I wish I could do it myself but I know that if I needed the money for something important but not christmassy I'd probably use it there. That's why I start saving money only a few months before Christmas. Although this year I've already bought a couple of Christmas presents as I've mentioned before.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

NORADChristmas Guest
    I, have also bought some I don't buy Christmas cards though I use old wrapping paper glitter anything for christmas & make homemade you can save money & actually give more :D
    I just save up my money anything I earn hehe B)

:gift:

I ought to start saving right about now

Merry Snowy Christmas

Hmm,well is not really that I save the money.Sometimes I think that this is good idea and then I start saveing but most of the time I take money from bank

:tree:

Maybe start from October and save 100-200 euros the most, I know its kinda late, but, believe it or not, here,
    in Greece, with the financial crisis, you can not save not even a euro..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Maybe start from October and save 100-200 euros the most, I know its kinda late, but, believe it or not, here,
    in Greece, with the financial crisis, you can not save not even a euro..

No kidding. I was just thinking about that today.

Merry Snowy Christmas

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TIATIA View Post
    No kidding. I was just thinking about that today.
    How can we save, I wonder... Maybe ask for a euro????.

Most people in the US are having a difficult time saving as well!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Most people in the US are having a difficult time saving as well!
    I know, Ornamentmaven, Ive read a lot about situation in your country, too..
    It is soo sad, whats happening in many countries..

Smile

Regardless of financial situation, you have to plan. Work out how much you want to spend on Christmas and put away equal amounts each month (or week) to achieve that goal. If you know you haven't put away enough, then you know you can't spend that much come Christmas.
    Christmas doesn't have to be extravagant. Christmas is about love - not gifts. Handmade gifts are far more meaningful than shop-bought gifts. Christmas dinner doesn't have to have ALL the trimmings. You can jazz up a can of baked beans if it is all you have.
    Christmas is what you make of it. Your enthusiasm for Christmas is infectious. Share your joy with your loved ones and they will feel the joy too.
    Best wishes to all those who are struggling. Just remember - what you take away from Christmas is your memories, so make your loved ones remember a magical day regardless of your circumstances.
    Merry Christmas to all - for all the year round. http://www.myvintagechristmasdecorations.net