PDA

View Full Version : The Snowman

HolidaySeason
11-19-2012, 08:29 PM
A short film that has become a Christmas tradition in the UK is The Snowman by Raymond Briggs. It's been played every Christmas on Channel 4 since 1981.

They've announced this year that after 31 years, The Snowman will be getting a sequel 'The Snowman and the Snowdog', which will be broadcast this year. :)

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without The Snowman - I love it! :)

steph535
11-19-2012, 10:29 PM
I bought "the Snowman" a few years ago from a bargain bin at Walmart. I had never seen it before but had heard about it a little. It is certainly endearing. I hope the sequel is done equally well, although I am skeptical.

Moley
11-20-2012, 10:40 AM
We shall wait and watch.

Raymond Briggs also created this http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Father_Christmas.html?id=uM8WAQAAMAAJ as well as the infamous "When the Wind Blows"comic strip based on the discredited 'Protect and Survive' nuclear survival guide http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=x9P6PgAACAAJ&dq=when+the+wind+blows+raymond+briggs+comic+strip&hl=en&sa=X&ei=AlCrUI-aPKml0QXa_oHQDg&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAA

ornamentmaven
11-20-2012, 06:59 PM
I need to look for this DVD - I've never seen it!

tinkerbell2
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
A short film that has become a Christmas tradition in the UK is The Snowman by Raymond Briggs. It's been played every Christmas on Channel 4 since 1981.

They've announced this year that after 31 years, The Snowman will be getting a sequel 'The Snowman and the Snowdog', which will be broadcast this year. :)

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without The Snowman - I love it! :)

I hope it's a magical as ...5967

HolidaySeason
11-20-2012, 09:04 PM
The Snowman is actually one of three Raymond Briggs Christmas classics, the other two being The Bear and The Father Christmas, both of which reference The Snowman. ;)

The three of them are usually broadcast on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Never miss them. :)

JollyElfDC
11-20-2012, 10:47 PM
I have never seen this either. I grew up in Canada and I don't remember it ever being aired there. I saw the DVD at the store just yesterday. It was pretty inexspensive, but I didn't pick it up. I might have to go back and purchase it.

ChantelleJoy
11-20-2012, 11:19 PM
I've never heard of it! I am definitely going to look this up - can't believe I'm missing out on a UK Classic! I LOOOVE British Culture!

:merrychristmas:

JollyElfDC
11-21-2012, 12:17 AM
I just found it on youtube. I'm going to watch it.

Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEvL_hdN2A

HolidaySeason
11-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Amazed that nobody from the USA and Canada has heard of it - it's become part of Christmas culture here in the UK - I would recommend watching it. :)

frostythesnowman
11-22-2012, 09:46 PM
THE SNOWMAN and FATHER CHRISTMAS are 2 of the best classics......never miss it at christmas when its on tv...........:waving:

JollyElfDC
11-23-2012, 05:35 AM
I watched it on youtube. The film is charming but it is also ...

I don't want to reveal anything for those who haven't seek it yet. I'm sure our UK posters know what I was going to write.:snowman:

jessicayy
04-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I wonder whether I can see this film Snowman in the internet now.

frostythesnowman
04-26-2013, 06:10 PM
I wonder whether I can see this film Snowman in the internet now.

sent yeah the link to watch the snowman online...:merrychristmas: