Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: When did you stop believing in Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    That is adorable! See, you've always been a kind-hearted and caring person! :D
    Haha...thanks!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    do you think Santa ould bring me a better healtier body?
    wouldn't that be nice?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

yes it would. dieting is hard and losing weight is harder yet!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I stopped believing when I was 5.

We celebrate Sinterklaas(5th december) and Christmas. The story about Sinterklaas is that his help Black Peter takes bad children to Spain. I had nightmares about that in the weeks before Sinterklaas and my parents decided to tell me. Of course I realised that if one wasn't real, the other probably wasn't either.

It is hard to believe if you are having nightmares. Your parents could see your turmoil. Sorry to hear you were so young!

In retrospect I feel kind of sad about it, but I think they did the best thing possible. After that I could enjoy the holidays in full again. I also had that feeling of sharing a secret with the adults.

For me Christmas is not about believing in Santa, but believing in the magic of the season. And I still believe in the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    For me Christmas is not about believing in Santa, but believing in the magic of the season. And I still believe in the latter.
    That's a nice thought.

:gingerbread:

I stopped believing in Santa Claus at the age of 10, when my big brother told me one day, that Coca Cola created Santa Claus , for commercial reasons.

It had crossed my mind, because for years I was trying to find out how Santa delivered presents for kids all over the world, just in ONE night... and flying...

However, I always believed that there was a Santa Claus (or whatever they call him), in every country.. Or at leat, that is what I like to believe..

Have you ever heard of JOULUTARINA? The movie came in Greece last Christmas and it is from Finland. It is the story of St. Nicolas, in Finland..
    I saw it and I loved it.. I found it very traditional Christmas.. And it is somethig different..
    Here is the trailer...

I think that you will like it...

Exactly Elvira !! Believe in the magic of the season !!

I am dreading the holidays at this moment because we are too broke to save the $$$$$ to shop with!