Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Eve traditions

Leave a mince pie, a carrot and a glass of whisky by the chimney for Father Christmas! That's all, really, as far as traditions go for me.

Go to church and listen to people sing badly

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtTimBob View Post
    Leave a mince pie, a carrot and a glass of whisky by the chimney for Father Christmas! That's all, really, as far as traditions go for me.
    Whiskey? That's a new one to me!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Whiskey? That's a new one to me!
    Now we know why Santa is so Jolly!
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 12-11-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Christmas Eve Jenga is the family tradition here!

We had a game tradition for a while as part of our Christmas Eve tradition. We played Trivial Pursuit. Then one year, when we all were younger and, well ,dumber, we decided we should play Trivial Pursuit with alcohol.

Yes, that's right: if you missed a question you had to do a shot of beer. If you missed a question for a piece of 'pie', you had to do a shot of whiskey.

Luckily, that tradition has tailored off.
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

Smile

We always watch the 'A Christmas Carol' Alistair Sim's version and open a gift or 2 from each other before we go to bed
    www.carolinapanthercoalition.com

MarshC Guest
    When I was in German I was surprised that they prepare them selves to Christmas with big importance and even keep all traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtTimBob View Post
    We leave Cherry Brandy instead of Whiskey, gotta keep the Jolly man rosy cheeked!

We always have Muddle (Brunswick Stew is it's proper name) for dinner around 5 and then go to church. And after church we read from that year's Advent Booklet. And after that is when we did the whole cookies & milk for Santa, and a carrot for Rudolph before going to bed. During the day we attempt to catch an airing of A Christmas Story. If we don't, we watch it before bed.

I can never remember what time the service is because we've always been there extremely early for final set up. We're the ones who turn on the heat, lights, make sure the bulletins and candles and something to light the candles are there, etc. Dad would run through his sermon one last time. I think one year, my brother and I even took people's' coats and hung them up.

But what makes it feel the most like Christmas Eve is smelling the Muddle cooking.