Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Crafts

WOW!

I havn't done any crafts yet this year - but I hope to soon!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I am going to go with a Harry Potter theme for my wife in a smaller space. We havevisitors for the season and the library has become a temporary bedroom. Hobby Lobby has given me a few craft ideas to explore.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Making some salt dough ornaments for some people.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like that Christmas aroma one. I'll have to try it... thanks.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Attached Images Attached Images

I do these type through the season as i have old pots and i put it on my woodstove,the smells are just amazing,brings back alot of memories.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbell1 View Post
    I do these type through the season as i have old pots and i put it on my woodstove,the smells are just amazing,brings back alot of memories.
    I wish we had a woodstove!

I have a few bowls of Christmas Potpourii that has dried citrus fruits, and cinnamon, etc. But it doesn't make the *whole room* smell.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Living in New England a home isn't a home without one as i also still do up my grandmothers hot chocolate recipe and that is put on the woodstove when we gather or just have company this way people can have some as many of my friends love it and the love how cozy my home is.

Stovetop potpourri mine has mandarin peels, whole cloves, cinnamon stick and few star anise in a small quart pan I use only for herbalism recipes. I cook electric so after it boils and I switch off the burner it keeps simmering whilst the hot stove keeps hot for quite some time. Once scent fades from room I boil it again briefly repeat process few times a day.

Had very late roses in my garden right up until mid november so dried the last few roses and dried also some rose leaves for greenery , added well dried mandarin peels cut with scissors into thin strips added whole cloves, allspice berries, a cinnamon stick broken in bits. Added the dry potpourri mix to a well washed glass jar that had preserves. Added some thin ribbons in magenta and shiny iridescent white around neck of jar, curled ends sliding against scissors so it curls inward into loops.It is a soft sweet natural scented jar.