Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh cut trees

Fresh cut trees

My mother didn't care for artificial trees. We encouraged her to buy a short needle tree after one disasterously ugly Scotch pine was brought home. We didn't get to go with her to buy the tree. Thankfully, we only had that lopsided pine one time.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I love the smell of fresh cut trees...It is one of my most coveted memories...I always get a fresh cut tree to put in the mail living room. That said, I decorate all of the other rooms with fake trees.
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I found these WONDERFUL little ornaments to put on the tree this year. They are little green sticks that give off a robust smell of pine. Our fake tree now has our entire living room smelling like a fresh-cut tree!! AWESOME!!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I found these WONDERFUL little ornaments to put on the tree this year. They are little green sticks that give off a robust smell of pine. Our fake tree now has our entire living room smelling like a fresh-cut tree!! AWESOME!!!
    WOW! That is a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by SammieDsMom View Post
    I love the smell of fresh cut trees...It is one of my most coveted memories...I always get a fresh cut tree to put in the mail living room. *That said, I decorate all of the other rooms with fake trees. *
    I generally have a real tree as my main tree - in the Living Room, and smaller fake tree in my Bedroom!

Growing up my mother always had a fake tree - it wasn't until 2005 that I got to go to a Christmas Tree Farm to cut down my own tree (with friends of the family) and I've done so nearly every year since - it's a fun tradition - even better than picking up a pre-cut one at the store!

We always get White Spruce, although I'd love to be able to afford a Blue Spruce - they're the most beautiful (I think).

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

white spruce blue spruce any kinda spruce i never had a live tree when my mil was alive she use 2 have them every year she use 2 put salt in the water i always thought that was strang , why not aspirin or bleach why salt is this correct .
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Wish I could find some of those here .... will have to make do with a pine scented candle

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Christmas View Post
    Wish I could find some of those here .... will have to make do with a pine scented candle
    Do you have Wal-Mart? I thought Wal-Mart was EVERYWHERE!!! They are $6 there. It's a pack of 6 and I only used 3 and it was plenty. Now I will replace them in mid-December with the other 3 to keep the scent fresh.

Here is what I'm talking about:

Here is what I'm talking about:

That is SO CLEVER!!
    (But I'll have a real tree, next weekend so I don't need them) Good to know though!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

What's truly amazing is how well they actually work!!