Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smells of christmas

Let's not also forget the smell of fresh, crisp snow!

:snow:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Let's not also forget the smell of fresh, crisp snow!
    Yeah, let's not. I haven't smelled that in a loooong time.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

^ first snow smells lovely.

Well, my christmas smells are pine, hyacinth, mince pies, candles and gingerbread.

Weird as it sounds, but PAINT. My dad made it a point to paint our house in a new color every Christmas time.

They just opened a Bath & Bodyworks at the mall right by my house, and they have a wide array of WONDERFUL 'Holiday' scented Candles.

My favorites are the Snow Apple Mint and Fresh Balsam - they're both so strongly connected to Christmas!!!

Also (and I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet!) the smell of a Turkey roasting in the oven!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    ...Also (and I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet!) the smell of a Turkey roasting in the oven!
    And what a smell that is!!!

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Wink

The smell of the cookies I bake, the day I start decorate home for Christmas...

When 1st day is over and have almost finish with living room, I go to the kitchen and
    start baking my fav chocolate chip cookies. Late in the night, I put them in Christmas jars...

Honestly, that smell takes me back to my childhood...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

love your picture gingerbread girl! such a beautiful setting and gets me all festive!

the smell of pine needles when you walk down the street past the xmas tree stalls or when u finally get one in your front room!
    also mulled wine is sooo good..

Quote Originally Posted by TIATIA View Post
    And what a smell that is!!!
    agree'd

Hands down, the smell of Struffoli. Christmas Honey Balls. I remember standing around as a kid waiting for them to finish..
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens