Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas fast food

Christmas fast food

I'm suprised that many fast food franchises miss out on the revenue they would be bound to get if they were to supply christmas themed foods. Perhaps some of them do, but in my part of the world they are very thin on the ground.

Has anyone spotted a fast food christmas special?
    Last edited by Moley; 11-29-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Here in Canada we have a restaurant called Swiss Chalet which while not strictly Fast-Food it does offer take-out and delivery service. Every year they have the "Festive Special" which I look forward to - ever since I was a kid.

Also Denny's is offering special "Taste of the Holidays" menu.

Even McDonalds had special "Seasons Dippings" holiday nugget sauces last year.

I'm sure there are lots more I can't even remember right now!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

i didn't notice this ,we often have a party at home and make food by ourselves.

I'd love to see McDonalds McTurkey burgers and Mini christmas McPuds in cranberry ice cream for desert. I rarely go to fast food outlets for a number of reasons but there are times you get ambushed by festive hunger...
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    I'd love to see McDonalds McTurkey burgers and Mini christmas McPuds in cranberry ice cream for desert. I rarely go to fast food outlets for a number of reasons but there are times you get ambushed by festive hunger...

McTurkey's could have breading that tastes like stuffing instead of regular breading! I would eat A HUNDRED of those!

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    You are sort-of in luck http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/secto...032288.article but turkey is off the menu http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...sing-christmas

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I remember the Festive special. It was a pretty good deal. I hear you no longer get the Toblerone bar.

I remember in around 1987 McDonalds had a Christmas promotion where you could get Mcnuggets with cranberry or apple sauce.

I know here in the states you can buy a deep fried turkey from Popeye's but I don't know anybody who ever has.

In Japan KFC has done a good job convincing the public that KFC is a traditional Christmas Dinner. From what I've been told they line up around the block at Christmas to order it. Christmas is very different over there.

chantelle we use to have a Swiss charlet here i loved there chicken dinners .
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I remember the Festive special. It was a pretty good deal. I hear you no longer get the Toblerone bar.
    I KNOW! They switched over to Lindor Truffles like 10 years ago (ish), it's just not quite the same.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    The McDonald's commercials here are saying "come enjoy the McRib for the holidays"! HA!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!