Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

Quote Originally Posted by ellepeace View Post
    I start to get that gingerbread feeling as soon as I can feel a chill in the air. Halloween is nice but I love the magic of Christmas!
    Hello and welcome!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by ladyice View Post
    I love Halloween as much as I love Christmas. Thanksgiving is ok too, but Halloween and Christmas are my two favorite holidays.

I love this whole time of year. I can't believe October is over already though. Yikes!
    I'm with you! Halloween and Christmas are my two holidays! :D

And Halloween is definitely a holiday!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Well, I live in Florida now, so unfortunately, that "Christmas feel" doesn't even exist here. I grew up in South Dakota though, where it snows for the winter, and you could feel it all around you.

Even though people decorate their houses with lights here, it just isn't the same.

Palm trees, green grass and Christmas lights just don't bring out the holiday spirit for me. Especially when it is 80 degrees outside haha

Quote Originally Posted by glone View Post
    Well, I live in Florida now, so unfortunately, that "Christmas feel" doesn't even exist here. I grew up in South Dakota though, where it snows for the winter, and you could feel it all around you.

Even though people decorate their houses with lights here, it just isn't the same.

Palm trees, green grass and Christmas lights just don't bring out the holiday spirit for me. Especially when it is 80 degrees outside haha

aww You should get the snowman that shoots snow in the air and put it in your yard

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ladyice View Post
    aww You should get the snowman that shoots snow in the air and put it in your yard
    lol unfortunately, I live in a 2 bedroom sardine box, so I don't even have a yard. :(

I want to move back up north though, so maybe sometime in the near future I won't have to worry about snowmaking snowmen hehe.

:tree:

Yes the christmassy feelin is def here in london! the ads are on tv and the shops are all decorated! i love it!!! my boyfriend just cant believe it when he sees me on here listening to xmas tunes in the background, he laughs at me!! but i know I'm not alone!
    and it must be hard living in a hot place at this time of year. It really makes the difference when its cold and dark out! everyone i know hates it as its dark by 4.30pm! but it just gets me in the xmas mood even more!!
    my brother was in Oz 2 xmas's ago and he said it was so weird, they had a pool bbq party and were all gettin drunk in the hot sun!!! it was sad to not have him with us just me and mum
    but hes here this yr and my dad too so it will be lovely!!

CANT WAIT!!
    pls reply someone!!!

aww I am glad he's back this year!

I've always wanted to go see London at Christmas time, I bet it's gorgeous.

Someday!

---
    ladyice

:snow:

Quote Originally Posted by glone View Post
    lol unfortunately, I live in a 2 bedroom sardine box, so I don't even have a yard. :(

I want to move back up north though, so maybe sometime in the near future I won't have to worry about snowmaking snowmen hehe.
    Well if you move back up north, you'll def get the snow again :D

I sometimes miss it down here too... but then I remember the shoveling and scraping of ice.

Every day until April.

Would be nice to have snow once in awhile though

---
    ladyice

I miss the snow myself but not enough to move back up north. I feel at home in NC now. I hardly ever go back up home anymore. I have no one to keep my dogs and hubby would not be able to handle Buddy (he's a mommas boy!)
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

:tree:

yea its amazin to have my brother back! my other one lives in portland,or so wont be seein him this year,thats the 3rd xmas without him now and it just aint the same!!
    went and saw him last month thou and stayed for 3wks had an amzin time!did a road trip to san fran and saw the redwoods,amazing!!!americas such an amazing beautiful country I get bored of england!! I wana move to the USA!!

just one question though for anyone who lives in New york, does it always snow there at xmas time??? cos on all the films they seem to show which are set there it does! it snowed on xmas day here about 6yrs ago but didnt settle was nice though!! it did snow in april this yr which is very strange for england!!was really heavy too!!
    i hope it snows this xmas it makes it so much more special!!!
    xx