Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Christmas 2008

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MissBeesDesigns View Post
    SNIP....AND the 8 plastic flamingos (in child size rayban sunglasse) that pull santa's little sleigh.

I live in the swamps of florida and put the flamingos out 20 years ago to embarrass my kids. I have only one -- ONE -- neighbor and she lives almost 2 miles away. She cam came to the house to tell me how offensive it was. Therefore, the flamingos go out every year -- on Thanksgiving -- regardless of where we go for the holidays.
    That's funny! My mom HATES pink flamingo stuff. So, for the past 4-5 years, I've done what I could to sneak them in.

I started with Dept 56 flamingos with wreaths around their necks that were made for villages. I snuck them in and no one noticed (!!!) until thy were breaking it down!

I can't remember the ornament from 2 years ago...last year it was a 8" plush flamingo with bendy legs as an ornament.

I snuck this year's onto the tree Thanksgiving night. We'll see what happens... :D
    persimmonpudding.com: dedicated to growing, education, and use of Diospyros virginiana L., the common, or American persimmon...and persimmon pudding is ALWAYS a holiday favorite!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    we sometimes put up outside lights but not too many we are in a trailor park and nobady really decorates outside so we don't either.
    I've seen this change with just a person or two. A few years of seeing other people do it seems to be contagious!
    persimmonpudding.com: dedicated to growing, education, and use of Diospyros virginiana L., the common, or American persimmon...and persimmon pudding is ALWAYS a holiday favorite!!!

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonpudding View Post
    I've seen this change with just a person or two. A few years of seeing other people do it seems to be contagious!
    Yep, that's what happened around here. No one decorated but it only takes one. I put my stuff out and now everyone is starting up.

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Quote Originally Posted by lynnenc View Post
    PumpkinJack - we met on a racing forum and then became friends off the forum - we consider each other Sisters. I am trying to break her out of her decorating shell and sent her here to see how REAL decorating is done - she is slowly coming around

Lynne
    That's great! Good luck Lynne!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com