Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed a decline in Christmas displays in shops?

Have you noticed a decline in Christmas displays in shops?

It might be just me and the places I visit, but this year I've noticed a marked decline in the size and range of what is available in stores over Christmas. Do you think it is a sign of the dire economic times we are living through, or is it due to the growth of online shopping?

I'm feeling rather let down at the moment: I may have to go and visit That Christmas Place again...
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Actually, I had that thought a few years ago, but it seems to me to have picked up a bit since then. The area I live in is one-third Jewish, so it tends not to be overboard Christmas-sy anyway.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

There is alot of christmas around here,just about everyone home they are just covered in christmas and the shops are all done nicely and we have our holiday strolls and walks and they even do the old victorian caroling,we are truly in the holiday around here.

Yes, around here the displays have got smaller and there doesn't seem as much stuff either.
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by snowbell1 View Post
    There is alot of christmas around here,just about everyone home they are just covered in christmas and the shops are all done nicely and we have our holiday strolls and walks and they even do the old victorian caroling,we are truly in the holiday around here.
    :::sigh::: That sounds wonderful...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Moley View Post
    It might be just me and the places I visit, but this year I've noticed a marked decline in the size and range of what is available in stores over Christmas. Do you think it is a sign of the dire economic times we are living through, or is it due to the growth of online shopping?

I'm feeling rather let down at the moment: I may have to go and visit That Christmas Place again...
    Hmmm...I will have to check this out... I do almost all my holiday shopping online, so haven't noticed (I guess this means I'm contributing to the situation)...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Everywhere you look here it's christmas our winter festival is coming up and they have sleighrides for free through the country,we have victorian strolls,this was Norman Rockwells home so it's christmas everywhere,homes are done up,and the people will go around in their santa hats and bells,we have trees that are decorated and lit up,it reminds you of christmas town,and everywhere you go there are christmas carols playing.

Everywhere you look here it's christmas our winter festival is coming up and they have sleighrides for free through the country,we have victorian strolls,this was Norman Rockwells home so it's christmas everywhere,homes are done up,and the people will go around in their santa hats and bells,we have trees that are decorated and lit up,it reminds you of christmas town,and everywhere you go there are christmas carols playing.
    That sounds fantastic!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Why can't every place be like that?? I would really like to go on a sleighride through the country. And the Victorian strolls sound nice...

Soak it up for us snowbell1!

I just wanted to mention also that my neighborhood has significantly less Christmas lights. I don't know what's happening with my neighbors. I thought maybe they were just waiting for the first weekend in December to decorate, but, here we are and there's hardly any. I find this odd since last year it appeared that more people than usual were doing light displays. Even the regulars have none this year.