Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Tree Themes 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking about going traditional this year with red, silver & green.
    Sounds lovely Elvira .........

I'm still 'hovering'..... it all depends on if the decorations I ordered online arrive on time (sigh) but most likely it'll be a Winter Wonderland theme

My living room tree is blue and silver. The home office tree has the Nutcracker Suite theme on it.

Sometimes I add to it but just a few things here and there.

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Here are a few of my doll ornaments that I will put on my Madame Alexander doll themed tree!

I'll post more photos tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Here are a few of my doll ornaments that I will put on my Madame Alexander doll themed tree!

I'll post more photos tomorrow!
    Oh, wow! I've never seen those before! When were they made? How did I miss getting some?

nice dolls! I especially like the ones in the second picture. I am looking forward to seeing the tree when it's all finished.

We never change the theme, it's the same every year, just a multi-coloured tree. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Oh, wow! I've never seen those before! When were they made? How did I miss getting some?
    These are Hallmark ornaments. I have three different series: 4 Madame Alexander Little Women (porcelain) - complete series; 3 Madame Alexander Christmas Angels - complete series; and 21 of the Madame Alexander doll series - ongoing (I seem to have misplaced 5 of these and I am not happy). The ornaments are based upon actual dolls produced by Madame Alexander.
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 11-22-2011 at 10:12 PM.

I have posted photos of the tree under a new thread "ornamentmaven's decorating efforts 2011"

murtisha Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I don't have any outlets on the outside of my house either. I always run power from the garage. I drilled a small hole on the edge of the garage window to feed the cord through.
    That's what we do too. Fits under the garage door just fine.

I've had theme trees for years. In recent years I've stuck with these themes:
    Foyer tree--White snowflakes and icicles
    Guest bedroom--small tree with toy ornaments
    Man Cave tree--reflects my husband's interests: West Virginia University sports and car racing-white lights with blue gold and red ribbon garlands
    In the living room I rotate themes:
    Handmade and nature ornaments with multicolored lights and cranberry garland
    Red and white ornaments with red and white lights and white pearl garland
    All of out traditional blown glass and other shiney ornaments with multicolored lights and red velvet ribbon garland
    Once in the while I pull out all of our turquoise, chartreuse and purple ornaments and make a mod mid-century looking tree.
    I also coordinate our coffee table decorations to each theme.