Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Thanksgiving food!

I stuff myself with stuffing

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Right now...I am absolutely STOKED for Thanksgiving dinner!! Everything sounds SO good!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I can't say I have a favorite Thanksgiving food; they are all so good, but what I like the best is having the leftovers for dinner for at least a few nights after the holiday. It's probably my favorite meal of the year (our Christmas dinner is the same)

One of the things I always look forward too is my grandmother's Kielbasa -- I know its probably not looked at as Traditional in much of America, but the North East was built on the back of Immigrants like my Grandfather who brought their own foods and incorporated them into Thanksgiving.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    You've never had scallopped potatoes? It was my Mom'a apecialty. It is basically thin sliced potatoes baked in a cream sauce with butter. I make scallopped corn for Thanksgiving. It is delicious! I will have to post the recipe this year!
    I have had them you can buy them in a box at walmart. I think it close to the hamburger helper.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
    I have had them you can buy them in a box at walmart. I think it close to the hamburger helper.
    Scalloped potatoes from a box are fine in a pinch, but nothing beats homemade. I'm drooling just thinking about it. SO YUMMY!!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Scalloped potatoes from a box are fine in a pinch, but nothing beats homemade. I'm drooling just thinking about it. SO YUMMY!!!
    Yeah - from a box are okay - but just aren;'t as creamy and delicious as homemade!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
    Oh Oh - we now have two snow angels here -the only difference is the capitalization and space!

As promised, here is my recipe for Scallopped Corn:

1 beaten egg
    1 cup milk
    1 cup coaresly crushed saltine crackers (about 22)
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    dash pepper
    1 17 ounce can cream style corn
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    3 Tablespoons chopped pimento
    1 Tablespoon butter, melted

Combine egg, milk, 2/3 cup of the cracker crumbs, salt and pepper. Stir in corn, onion, and pimento - mix well. Turn into 1quart casserole. Toss melted butter with the remaining cracker crumbs, sprinkle atop corn mixture. Bake at 350F for 65 to 70 minutes. Makes 6 servings.

I usually double the recipe for Thanksgiving! DELICIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Never had it homemade.