Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

when the nights begin to get cooler

seems like i begin to feel that christmas thingy right about the time the nights get cool here in dallas.our first officially cool night was about two weeks ago when it began to drop to "sweater" weather by late evening.in fact yesterday i was out at 4am & wearing a jacket would have been comfortable.but i would've felt weird walking into walmart wearing one.
    september has to do with that christmassy feeling because i see halloween stuff in the stores. halloween reminds me of christmas,as october 31st might as well be the first day of november.it's on november 1st (late halloween night/early nov.1st)that the tv cable channels "showcase" and sounds of the seasons" begin to broadcast christmas music and continue through the rest of the holiday season
    i always look forward to that.october is also not far from thanksgiving which also reminds me of christmas.but initially,i get the 'feeling' in september and this year it was mid september.

"Cool weather" in Arizona is supposed to start today; mind you we consider anything under 100 degrees cool here! High of 95 and lows in the 60s! It may sound weird if you live somewhere cold but just the fact that it’s under 100 now I can feel Christmas coming!

Oh btw last day of September!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    "Cool weather" in Arizona is supposed to start today; mind you we consider anything under 100 degrees cool here! High of 95 and lows in the 60s! It may sound weird if you live somewhere cold but just the fact that it’s under 100 now I can feel Christmas coming!

Oh btw last day of September!!!
    I kinda know what you mean. I have lived in Florida for 5 years, (I'm originally from Michigan) and, although we usually don't get above, say, 92 or so, since we have the high humidity, it feels a lot hotter. Well, we had a 'cold front' come in last night, which meant that when I took the kids to school this morning, it was in the 60's and low humidity. (well, low for us anyway.) I can't tell you how wonderful it felt. I can't honestly say it made me feel Christmas, but that is partially because I know it will only last for a couple days and then the hot weather will be back again and partially because of having lived most of my life in Michigan. I'll tell ya, it takes some getting used to, going Christmas shopping in shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals. lol.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by DJTEEL View Post
    seems like i begin to feel that christmas thingy right about the time the nights get cool here in dallas.our first officially cool night was about two weeks ago when it began to drop to "sweater" weather by late evening.in fact yesterday i was out at 4am & wearing a jacket would have been comfortable.but i would've felt weird walking into walmart wearing one.
    september has to do with that christmassy feeling because i see halloween stuff in the stores. halloween reminds me of christmas,as october 31st might as well be the first day of november.it's on november 1st (late halloween night/early nov.1st)that the tv cable channels "showcase" and sounds of the seasons" begin to broadcast christmas music and continue through the rest of the holiday season
    i always look forward to that.october is also not far from thanksgiving which also reminds me of christmas.but initially,i get the 'feeling' in september and this year it was mid september.
    Have yourself a merry little..... !!!!!

Hello!! We are glad our family is growing!! Hope you feel here like home!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

It may have something to do with this forum, but I am starting to feel it now. It is more autumny here now(rains quite a bit) and I am wearing warmer clothing.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    It may have something to do with this forum, but I am starting to feel it now. It is more autumny here now(rains quite a bit) and I am wearing warmer clothing.
    I think autumn does not want to visit my country, this year... 30c today in a really hot day...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    I think autumn does not want to visit my country, this year... 30c today in a really hot day...
    Wow. Here it's about 17c. And a bit cloudy/rainy

:santa:

It's been cold here as our mountain areas have seen a little light snow flurries so we know it's coming as this has put me in the mood to really get going as i have got my lights all set and went through my other decorations as i am still buying a few more things and buying my pugs their christmas outfits as they get decorated to.This is such a wonderful site it keeps the mood going.

Quote Originally Posted by angelpugs View Post
    It's been cold here as our mountain areas have seen a little light snow flurries so we know it's coming as this has put me in the mood to really get going as i have got my lights all set and went through my other decorations as i am still buying a few more things and buying my pugs their christmas outfits as they get decorated to.This is such a wonderful site it keeps the mood going.
    WOW!!!! I am so jelious that you live up in the MTNS.. SO i hope that this holiday season gets you lots of snow up there.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

Quote Originally Posted by angelpugs View Post
    Cool!

I hope at some point you'll post pics of your decorated Christmas Pugs.