Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 6 months to go...

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKringleforSingles View Post
    I usually poll everyone what they want for Christmas around July, they all think I'm nuts.

Same here, with the same results.... so at least your not alone.

I ask what people want and they think I'm nuts too. The only problem is sometimes they cange their mind a few weeks before Christmas.

In June I posted my CHRISTMAS LIST on the side of the refridgerator. Everyone can go by and put down ideas. IF you don't put something down don't complain. So for my daughter and I are the only ones. I started this years ago when my husband complained of not knowing what to get. One year he was complaining about the cost of something I wanted so I put down some really expensive items with it. He got what I wanted and I don't think he ever caught on that the other items were just decoys. One year I registered for china, that was good.

Gail
    Last edited by gandr1212; 08-14-2009 at 05:36 AM. Reason: left out attachemnts

I normally start thinking seriously about what I want after my birthday (which is in the summer) and since no major holidays (well gift giving holidays) are after summer I will start giving people ideas. I also start asking people what they would like- I always use the excuse Christmas will be here before we know it (which is true!) And if I find something I almost always buy it because when I go back it could be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    I ask what people want and they think I'm nuts too. The only problem is sometimes they cange their mind a few weeks before Christmas.
    This is me...all the newest and greatest stuff comes out during the holiday season and if I choose early, I'll just end up wanting some other gadget or electronic and make the list useless :D

Quote Originally Posted by gummgirl View Post
    I also start asking people what they would like- I always use the excuse Christmas will be here before we know it (which is true!).
    Haha and then you can snoop and find out months ahead of Christmas

Shh! I already do that!

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    This is me...all the newest and greatest stuff comes out during the holiday season and if I choose early, I'll just end up wanting some other gadget or electronic and make the list useless :D
    It is true that some lovely things come out at Christmas time, so I always have to remember to reserve room on my list.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gandr1212 View Post
    In June I posted my CHRISTMAS LIST on the side of the refridgerator. Everyone can go by and put down ideas. IF you don't put something down don't complain. So for my daughter and I are the only ones. I started this years ago when my husband complained of not knowing what to get. One year he was complaining about the cost of something I wanted so I put down some really expensive items with it. He got what I wanted and I don't think he ever caught on that the other items were just decoys. One year I registered for china, that was good.

Gail
    My family and I are the same with posted gift lists. If we find something not on the list, that's great, but when you're stuck for a gift idea, it can just get too stressful (plus it cuts down on wasting money on unwanted things).

Haha! I like your strategy!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gummgirl View Post
    I normally start thinking seriously about what I want after my birthday (which is in the summer) and since no major holidays (well gift giving holidays) are after summer I will start giving people ideas. I also start asking people what they would like- I always use the excuse Christmas will be here before we know it (which is true!) And if I find something I almost always buy it because when I go back it could be gone.
    I'm the same. In June I always say "there's only _ weeks til Christmas! I need your lists!" Haha. No one ever listens to me.