Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A movie a week till Christmas.

A movie a week till Christmas.

Ok, so its Saturday December 1st and near by is one of the last remaining movie rental stores in America. They have a special for the month of December where you can rent 1 holiday movie each of the 4 weekends till Christmas. What would they be?

(Yeah, basically I am asking what are your 4 favorite Christmas Movies LOL I am just trying to be a little creative here.)
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

4. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

3. A Christmas Carol w/ Sir Patrick Stewart

2. The Santa Clause 2

1. A Charlie Brown Christmas
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

4. The Family Stone

3. Holiday Inn

2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

1. It's a Wonderful Life
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    3. Holiday Inn
    I actually make it a point to catch Holiday Inn and White Christmas on the Turner Classic Movies station every year.

4. It's wonderful life

3. The Santa Clause

2. Home alone 1/2

1. The Polar Express

that's for now but I think Arthur Christmas will also have his place on the list,just not sure on which number,waiting for my DVD and second viewing
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Christmas Vacation
    Elf
    Home Alone
    Gremlins (Nobody ever mentions this one. It is a Christmas movie. It doesn't hold up that well, but I have a soft spot for it)

I would have said A Christmas Story, but I know I will be able to see that on TV.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Can't go wrong with any of these. However, I'm surprised you don;'t own most of them. I think we own every movie named in here.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

4. Home Alone 4
    3. Home Alone 2
    2. Home Alone 3
    1. Home Alone 1
    :D

frostythesnowman Guest
    4.home alone 1
    3.the polar express
    2.miracle on 34th street
    1.jim carrey a christmas carol

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Can't go wrong with any of these. However, I'm surprised you don;'t own most of them. I think we own every movie named in here.
    I don't own all the movies mentioned in the thread, but I admit I own all the movies I listed.