Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our celebration

Smile our celebration

new years eve and the 31st dec we do a small food buffet with sparkling wine and we watch the fireworks not much else since I am more an xmas person to me the new year is a simple celebration.

Cool New years

At our house we celebrate New Years on the 1st with a sourkraut and pork dinner. OH we still stay up and welcome in the new year but I don't fix anything heavy to eat before we head off to bed. I might have chips and Dip that is about it for us. It is usually just the two of us anyway.

Well, my birthday is New Years Eve ,so, cake, ice cream. And the fam. This year I turn 21, everyone tells me they are going to get me drunk. I think I'll lock myself in my room.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

We don't do too much for New Year's either... This year my wife and I will probably spend the evening at home with our new son, watching the ball drop on TV. Either that or we'll be in bed fast asleep. Ha ha ha :D
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Cool our celebration

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    We don't do too much for New Year's either... This year my wife and I will probably spend the evening at home with our new son, watching the ball drop on TV. Either that or we'll be in bed fast asleep. Ha ha ha :D

congrats on your new son and becoming our moderator. Have a good night and merry christmas

Quote Originally Posted by bobbibrowneyes View Post

congrats on your new son and becoming our moderator. Have a good night and merry christmas
    Thank you so much for the kind words Bobbi! Merry Christmas to you too!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by rockmysox View Post
    Well, my birthday is New Years Eve ,so, cake, ice cream. And the fam. This year I turn 21, everyone tells me they are going to get me drunk. I think I'll lock myself in my room.

heheehh have fun and DON'T drink too much.... hangover is not so nice feeling

We have a party. We have nachos, cake, etc. Then we watch the ball drop on TV even though my old building wasn't even 4 blocks from Times Square. I mean, you have to get there EARRRRLY if you want to do that. After the ball drop, we relax for about an hour. But I bought a new place over the Summer on 44th, about 6 blocks from it, so crowds should be somewhat better. Can't wait to have the family over.

New years eve is a time to get very drunk! and spend with the family if we havnt killed each other by then hehe

Hubby and I prefer to spend New Year's Eve together at home. Sometimes we have one of our children and their children with us, but most of the time it's just us alone and we like it. We watch tv and talk reflecting on how blessed we are and what a good time our grandchildren had with their Christmas Day.
    We may have some wine but we do not indulge too much for we prefer to enjoy New Year's Day feeling great.