Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2010 recollections

One thing I enjoyed this past Xmas was going to my grandfather's house to look through his old Xmas decorations. He has promised them to me once I move back home to Ottawa, so I was invited to rummage through his stuff to see what was there. A lot of people would probably consider it to be cheap, old "crap", but it all takes me back to being younger and visiting grandma and grandpa's place at Xmastime.

Your Christmas recollections of 2010 all sound very lovely and I wish you a very Merry 2011 Christmas as you continue to build happy memories of years past.

I don't mean to bring anyone down but reality is what it is. For me Christmas 2010 was the most challenging and saddest one that I can remember as it was the first Christmas without my husband of 30 years as he suffered a sudden heart attack and died.

I couldn't bring myself to do any decorating and it was a very sad time for me and our two sons. I spent most of the time just thinking and double thinking with my mind on 'fast rewind mode' thinking of each and every Christmas in 30 years.

I went into the city on Christmas Eve and wished that I had never gone. Being amongst the happy shoppers, I felt like an alien trying to come to terms with everything and to be perfectly honest I didn't want to be a part of anyone's Happy Christmas.

This year ... at least since finding this forum, I have become a little bit interested once again in everything Christmas and have enjoyed reading all your posts and looking at your pics. I hope to at least decorate a tree this year for my sons... well at this point I hope to, but as the holiday season approaches... so many conflicting emotions ... so who knows if I will and my heart goes out to those who have lost close loved ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Christmas View Post
    Your Christmas recollections of 2010 all sound very lovely and I wish you a very Merry 2011 Christmas as you continue to build happy memories of years past.

I don't mean to bring anyone down but reality is what it is. For me Christmas 2010 was the most challenging and saddest one that I can remember as it was the first Christmas without my husband of 30 years as he suffered a sudden heart attack and died.

I couldn't bring myself to do any decorating and it was a very sad time for me and our two sons. I spent most of the time just thinking and double thinking with my mind on 'fast rewind mode' thinking of each and every Christmas in 30 years.

I went into the city on Christmas Eve and wished that I had never gone. Being amongst the happy shoppers, I felt like an alien trying to come to terms with everything and to be perfectly honest I didn't want to be a part of anyone's Happy Christmas.

This year ... at least since finding this forum, I have become a little bit interested once again in everything Christmas and have enjoyed reading all your posts and looking at your pics. I hope to at least decorate a tree this year for my sons... well at this point I hope to, but as the holiday season approaches... so many conflicting emotions ... so who knows if I will and my heart goes out to those who have lost close loved ones...
    I feel for you Calypso and am sorry for your loss. Just do as much or as little as feels right!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I feel for you Calypso and am sorry for your loss. Just do as much or as little as feels right!
    Thank you ornamentmaven ........ and that's very good advice :elf2:

I definitely feel for ya, CC. I lost my sister only two years ago. The first Xmas was tough, but they do get better. I started shopping for underprivileged children using the Angel Tree at the local mall to honour my sister. I find it helps keep her involved somehow throughout the holidays. It's money I would have spent on her anyway.
    Last edited by Jordan; 11-19-2011 at 03:24 AM.

so jordon how old is your baby now ?
    Last Christmas i was surprised to receive this lap top dell from my husband its the best gift he ever picked with out me asking .
    I had my mom over 4 the Christmas holidays i was happy she was here this year i cannot have her over as my dad is now in an senor home & iam having him over in sted .
    i spent last christmas with my daughter her husband & my then 2 year old grand daughter, My eldest daughter was pregnant & we had our 2 nd grand daughter on the 30th of dec.
    shes now gonna be 1 year old day b4 news years .
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Quote Originally Posted by mina553 View Post
    so jordon how old is your baby now ?
    She'll be seven months old next week! My, how time flies. Just wish she'd sleep better!

awww shes still a lil baby is she in her crib or in your bed?
    if shes breast feeding she may not be full enough @ nights or is she on bottle?
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

i wish my parents were still 2gether A GIRL CAN STILL WISH CAN'T SHE ?
    - St. Luke ii.

Quote Originally Posted by mina553 View Post
    awww shes still a lil baby is she in her crib or in your bed?
    She used to sleep in her crib, but in order to try and shape her sleep habits, she's now sleeping in our bed. I'm stuck sleeping out on the futon.

if shes breast feeding she may not be full enough @ nights or is she on bottle?
    She's breast fed, and she definitely gets lots to eat before bed! I think she just needs to learn to fall asleep (and get back to sleep) on her own.