Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you traditionally start decorating for Christmas?

The first week in November
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

mina - welcome back! Haven't heard from you in forever!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Hi, Mina! Welcome back. Great to see you see you posting again!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    The day after Halloween.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Every year, it seems that Christmas decorations need to start a little bit earlier. I think Christmas decorations should go up from the 1st of December with the festive parties, and come down by the first week of January after a great Christmas and New Year celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotamike View Post
    the day after halloween.
    yes!!!

Well, I'm late with everything this year. I finally got all my Christmass LPs in pretty good shape, that just had to come first. Really, I'd like to start decorating in August or so, lol. Seriously, it's sort of hard to get interested, since I'm the only one who'll see them. But I'm hoping to get a Christmass tree cut this year, at least!
    Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

Growing up we decorated when we got the tree, which was a week before Christmas. Now, I put the lights up outside as soon as there is a mild weekend after Halloween, but don't switch them on until December 1st. The inside is decorated at the beginning of December. I'd like to have the tree up from the 1st also, but it's real and would never last. I agree with wanting to enjoy all the decorations for a longer period of time, but I feel like going the other way- into January, as opposed to November. January really doesn't have much going on and it's colder.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa57 View Post
    Well, I'm late with everything this year. I finally got all my Christmass LPs in pretty good shape, that just had to come first. Really, I'd like to start decorating in August or so, lol. Seriously, it's sort of hard to get interested, since I'm the only one who'll see them. But I'm hoping to get a Christmass tree cut this year, at least!
    I understand about being the only one who sees them. I go all out and even though children and grandchildren come over no one even mentions my decorations. Please post photos --- we'll see your tree! What is up with people? They seem to lack enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    I understand about being the only one who sees them. I go all out and even though children and grandchildren come over no one even mentions my decorations. Please post photos --- we'll see your tree! What is up with people? They seem to lack enthusiasm.
    Well thank you! That just might get me to go out and cut one. I've seen quite a few really nice pines growing out here, in places they'd never grown before.

I wonder about people, too. Seems like the ones I know just want to "get through" Christmass, and I almost live for it.
    Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.