Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Pudding question

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I am TOTALLY going to see about getting these into the mix for this year!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I'm going to need to do some research. It would seem that most of you here prefer a "savory" version as opposed to a "sweet" one. Utilizing it as a side dish sounds like a cool idea. Especially, when you consider the vast amount of sweets that are already present at a Christmas gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Neither is Toad in a Hole. WTF????
    Basically sausages in a big yorkshire pud with loads of gravey. It's delicious!

Yorkshire Pudding is MY FAVORITE!!! But we usually don't have it at Christmas - we'll have it whenever we have Pot Roast dinners. Yorkshire covered in Brown Gravy is THE BEST.

PS: While not as popular as the UK - I'm pretty sure people up here in Canada have all pretty much heard of Yorkshire Pudding.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I've heard of it. I just always imagined it as actually being a type of pudding (in other words...a dessert, maybe like tapioca or something.)

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I've heard of it. I just always imagined it as actually being a type of pudding (in other words...a dessert, maybe like tapioca or something.)
    What on earth is a tapioca?

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    Tapioca pudding (similar to sago pudding) is a sweet pudding made with tapioca (a starch extracted from a root) and either milk, or for lactose intolerant individuals, coconut milk. Coconut milk is also used in cases in which the flavor is preferred or in areas in which it is a commonplace ingredient for cooking. It is made in many cultures with equally varying styles, and may be produced in a variety of ways. Its consistency ranges from thin (runny), to thick, to firm enough to eat with a fork.

The pudding can be made from scratch using tapioca in a variety of forms: flakes, coarse meal, sticks, and pearls. Many commercial packaged mixes are also available.

Mike's description is right, but here's a visual.

The closest thing that it's similar to is really wet Rice Pudding;

(I'd have to say that most people I know don't enjoy Tapioca, due to the texture, although the flavour is not all dissimilar to Rice Pudding).
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Mike's description is right, but here's a visual.

The closest thing that it's similar to is really wet Rice Pudding;

(I'd have to say that most people I know don't enjoy Tapioca, due to the texture, although the flavour is not all dissimilar to Rice Pudding).
    Urgh! That looks horrid!

I don't like rice pudding either - it makes me gag. I think it's the texture Blergh.

Urgh! That looks horrid!

I don't like rice pudding either - it makes me gag. I think it's the texture Blergh.
    Haha, yes, I'm not a fan of either, either. I think that it's most popular with the Under-3 and Over-70 crowd