Thread: My Department 56 Display!

Hybrid View

VERY nice!!!! :D I LOVE the reflected green, purple and orange lights against the walls and on the pieces... One of my favorite things about Halloween are the colors and how they mix together. Purple, orange and black are my FAVES!!!!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    VERY nice!!!! :D I LOVE the reflected green, purple and orange lights against the walls and on the pieces... One of my favorite things about Halloween are the colors and how they mix together. Purple, orange and black are my FAVES!!!!
    Thank you!

I have a strand of 'purple' and orange LED lights (from Michaels) in back of the display for extra illumination. Funny thing about 'purple' LED is that it's a combination of blue+red LEDs. To normal eyes it appears purple but if you wear thick glasses, as I do occasionally, light refracted in the lenses separate the purple so you end up only seeing bands of red and blue! Tricky!

wow, that looks so cool and spooky!

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

You did a great job and have some nice pieces. I haven't started to think about decorating yet. I like to decorate for fall and Halloween at the same time also. Need to get in the garage and see what I have.

Oh I love it! :D

It's really well done, I will post pics of my Halloween 'graveyard' and down when I have it up next weekend

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    Thank you!

I have a strand of 'purple' and orange LED lights (from Michaels) in back of the display for extra illumination. Funny thing about 'purple' LED is that it's a combination of blue+red LEDs. To normal eyes it appears purple but if you wear thick glasses, as I do occasionally, light refracted in the lenses separate the purple so you end up only seeing bands of red and blue! Tricky!
    Interesting tidbit there! Thanks for sharing!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com