Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Easter Everything

We decorate eggs every year. There's stiff competition now, with my brother-in-law and nieces being artists.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    We decorate eggs every year. There's stiff competition now, with my brother-in-law and nieces being artists.
    Very cool. I'm thinking about using the old crayon and dunking method... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Very cool. I'm thinking about using the old crayon and dunking method... lol
    Ha! that's what I do! Keeping things traditional, you know? And then I look over and my brother-in-law is doing a complicated geometric pattern with a pencil. The time it takes me to do all 4 of my eggs, he's just putting the finishing touches on his one masterpiece.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I use to help host Easter Egg hunts at Wal-Mart (when they did them) and without the others knowing about it, I would get some of those gold colored dollar coins and put them in some of the eggs...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I use to help host Easter Egg hunts at Wal-Mart (when they did them) and without the others knowing about it, I would get some of those gold colored dollar coins and put them in some of the eggs...
    What a nice surprise that must have been for them! Were the egg hunts for the employee's families?

They had one at night for the Wal-Mart families and then two others for different age groups...

I cannot stomach jelly beans. When we were little, my cousin and sister were making a pretend meal and they mashed together chocolate, jelly beans and an Easter egg. I still gag at the remembrance of the smell. Interestingly, I don't have a problem eating eggs or chocolate, though.

White gloves, to go with the Easter dress and bonnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I cannot stomach jelly beans. When we were little, my cousin and sister were making a pretend meal and they mashed together chocolate, jelly beans and an Easter egg. I still gag at the remembrance of the smell.
    That had to be intense. I do indulge, but only certain kinds like Jolly Rancher or Sweetarts...

Does anyone else enjoy watching an Easter themed movie on Easter Sunday?

We watch the mini-series Jesus of Nazareth the week before Easter, and sometimes Passion of the Christ or Easter Parade on the Eve. We tried watching Easter Parade on the Day, but it was too busy with going to church, making the dinner and having family over. Not sure how it will be this year...
    I have a few animated that we watch periodically on the lead up to the day- the Charlie Brown Easter special, Peter Cottontail, I think I have a Garfield one, The Easter Bunny Is Comin' To Town...

You?

I also enjoy the Jesus of Nazareth mini-series. Additionally King of Kings, It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown, Bugs Bunny's Easter Special and Easter Under Wraps (Hallmark)...