Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Trimming the tree

Quote Originally Posted by 9mile View Post
    I'll never forget a phrase that a friend used regarding their Christmas tree: he said "it's the charm bracelet of our lives." Since then, we've tried to create our own "charm bracelet" with ornaments that make us remember various places we've been and Christmases we've celebrated.

- Jay
    9 Mile Schoolhouse
    Hi Jay,

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for sharing that with us...I think many of us can relate to the idea of collecting memorable ornaments and other decorations for our Christmas tree. Hope to hear more from you soon!

~Bob, Forum Moderator
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

christmas tree made with candy decorations

thisyear is for my neices and nephews and son, i did my tree already, i know early but i had alot to do. i made it an all candy christmas tree. it came out beautiful. i wish i could post a picture here. i used alot of different candy. it came out so nice.

I decorate with a mixture of vintage ornaments & ones that we collect every year with white lights, this year I think we may do colored ones & I'm trying to find the star reflectors that go around the lights.
    Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Merry Christmas from my home to yours.
    Theresa, Ron & Nolan & Misty the cat

Halloween is over, had so much fun last night!

Now I want to decorate the

Arg, I have to wait for 3 weeks lol

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

i already have mine up actually i have 3 up already. one is only 2 feet in sons room other 4 and other 6 i have a picture on my profile its all real candy on it.

Cute trees . what do you put on your candy tree. ? it looks yummy!

I am seriously thinking about putting the tree up in the bedroom. I don't do my living room tree until the day after Thanksgiving but I put up 7 trees so I should get an early start. Yep, I'm talking myself right into starting earlier.

This year I am doing something brand new- decorating a tree with all of my husbands old farm tractors and toy's he has had since a child! I am very excited!

thats a cute idea. all the tractors. my son would love that. the candy on the tree is all different. like candy buttons, i have chocolate bells in tool, popcorn balls, chocolate santas ,lollipops, ribbon candy and i made cone shaped reindeer heads and filled them with chocolate peppermint patties and candy canes and jelly lollipops. it was alot of work but worth it. i still want to find large chocolate santas or snowmen to put on it but the stores are slow with putting their candy out. at the end of my family party i will have bags for all the kids and they can empty the tree for me.

that sounds like a nice idea. I think the kids will love that. I am not sure what all to put on my 4 ft one yet. but I will have some ornatments and some candy too no lights as I don't have anymore to put on it.