Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Trimming the tree

Quote Originally Posted by tlazer View Post
    I love colored lights,This year I think I'm going to do a snow flake/ icicle theme.I have never done a themed Tree before So this will be a first. Hope it will look good!
    Post pics for us if you can!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:tree:

I don't think I ever discussed how we decorate our tree... We use colored lights on our live tree each year. DW and I decided to do this because we have so many different oranaments that we thought the colored lights would look best with them. We use only white lights outside and save the colored lights for indoors. This year we'll have colored lights on our tree and I just put a red and green strand on our wreath that hangs over the fireplace. I'll post pics soon, however, we won't have our tree until December 6th.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I'm thinking about what you just said,Maybe,since I'll be putting only snowflakes and icicles on the tree it would look better with white lights

that would be pretty! it should make the snowflakes and icicles sparkle!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tlazer View Post
    I'm thinking about what you just said,Maybe,since I'll be putting only snowflakes and icicles on the tree it would look better with white lights
    I am going to do that with the two 4' trees I am putting on my front porch - the whole scene will be a winter wonderland even tho our temps will probably be in the 50-60 range. I am also going to hang snowflakes from the porch ceiling and maybe have alot of fluffy snow around. I am still formulating my ideas and doing some poking around on the internet for ideas.......

Lynne

We finally got our tree up and decorated today. My little guy (2 1/2) helped me decorate and he had a blast. He says the tree is pretty! Now he is looking for presents- it is going to be a fun CHristmas this year.

My boyfriend(of 4 yrs) and I have lived together for about 3 years and have so much fun decorating our tree! We have been fortunate to always have had the room for a big tree! We start with colored lights, and then our ornaments. The ornaments are some of his as a kid, some of mine as a kid, new ones we have bought together, and your regular colored 'ball' ones. Then we put on the garland-usually red. Then the silver beads. And then, of course the star at the top! After it is decorated I put the tree skirt down (red w/ white trim-like a santa hat or stocking). And voila! Cant wait to post pics of this years tree!

Your tree sounds similar to ours! We have our childhood and family heirloom ornaments, we add collectable ornaments, vacation ornaments, etc. Ornaments are every style and color. I also use silver beads and garland (white). White lights and a fluffy white tree skirt!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kam1187 View Post
    My boyfriend(of 4 yrs) and I have lived together for about 3 years and have so much fun decorating our tree! We have been fortunate to always have had the room for a big tree! We start with colored lights, and then our ornaments. The ornaments are some of his as a kid, some of mine as a kid, new ones we have bought together, and your regular colored 'ball' ones. Then we put on the garland-usually red. Then the silver beads. And then, of course the star at the top! After it is decorated I put the tree skirt down (red w/ white trim-like a santa hat or stocking). And voila! Cant wait to post pics of this years tree!
    I love ornaments from my childhood, I have lots of them, too..
    How tall is your tree, Katie?

I would love to see pictures of your Christmas decoration, this year.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

It was about 7 ft including the stand. So pretty. And the smell of Christmas tree is one of my favorites!