Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trimming the tree

celebratechristmas - I'm pretty much the same as you. I like the themed tree, but our tree is a total mixture of things. I really don't think I could have just a one themed tree, because I have so many different ornaments and things I like about Christmas that I would want to include them all.
    ~ McDLT ~

I like both themed and colourful!

We put all kind of lights on usually, and loads of different coloured baubells. We mostly buy them, but some of our ornaments are really old from my grandmother who is dead now. They look so cosy and homely.

My mum buys new ornaments each year. We'll be overrun with them soon!!

We use tinsel strands, too.

I love themed trees. I love colorful trees. I love having more than one tree. My main tree has clear lights and certain colors: red, green, blue, gold, and silver. Those are the colors I selected last year. I loaded the tree with ornaments of different shapes and sizes.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:tree: I am ready for trimming my tree!

I know that Halloween is a short few weeks away but so is my tree trimming party I put my tree up on Halloween every year. I am using homemade ornaments this year. some store boughten but mostly homemade. I use colored lights and I want to buy some new garland for my tree this year! I am so ready!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    I know that Halloween is a short few weeks away but so is my tree trimming party I put my tree up on Halloween every year. I am using homemade ornaments this year. some store boughten but mostly homemade. I use colored lights and I want to buy some new garland for my tree this year! I am so ready!
    I'm so glad someone else is as excited as I am. I'll try to wait till Thanksgiving, but I'm telling you I am soooo anxious. I'm planning to buy new garland for our bay window.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

These are old ornaments that I won on eBay. I was looking for some that were like my mother's when I was a teen.

:tree: cool ornaments

those ornament remind me of my teen years. I always loved putting up the tree and decoratingit.

How many trees do you put up Marshmallow World (and please forgive me for calling you by your username )? I would love to have little trees with different ornaments and decorations on them around our house. With our 11-month-old we're going to have to be very careful with one tree though! I'm thinking of using our gate to block off the tree from his busy little hands. :D
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    How many trees do you put up Marshmallow World (and please forgive me for calling you by your username )? I would love to have little trees with different ornaments and decorations on them around our house. With our 11-month-old we're going to have to be very careful with one tree though! I'm thinking of using our gate to block off the tree from his busy little hands. :D
    I have four trees: the tall pre-lit one, two in country baskets, and the one in the blue room with the vintage ornaments. The one in the blue room stays out year round. Well, I do have five small table-top trees, that don't require ornaments.These ones are in copper-toned pots(out of reach on top of the armoire!) and have pinecones:

Last year Wal-Mart had nice little aluminum rectangles with Christmas cut-outs and black velvet ribbons for hanging. They were child proof! I have different themes stored in my basement. BTW, because my living room is carpeted, my glass ornaments were fairly safe from a fourteen-month old grandson. We also had a thirteen-month-old grandson here last Christmas who didn't really mess with things. You will notice that one of those trees has Hungarian felt ornaments; that was how I decorated it two years ago. I did add a few little glass balls and some chocolate candy. This year I have to do a Hallmark tree because my daughter gave me Hallmark ornaments for Christmas. She must not realize how many ornaments I already have!

Have a great day!