Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: If I hear "___________" one more time...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    But, I suppose, what better time to be singing about Mary.

Yeah I'm pretty dense sometimes...haha I never realized it was about Mary (even though she's in the title of the song!) and, come to think of it, I dont ever remember hearing it played with the usual songs during christmas so..

I've never heard of Ave Maria during Christmas either. I also never knew it was about Mary then again I really didn't listen to the words so...

Quote Originally Posted by gummgirl View Post
    I've never heard of Ave Maria during Christmas either. I also never knew it was about Mary then again I really didn't listen to the words so...
    It almost sounds like its in a different language, I never put much effort into listening to the words, just skipped it

You know a lot of songs like that sound like they are in a different language (or maybe they really are and I'm just not paying attention!)

Quote Originally Posted by gummgirl View Post
    You know a lot of songs like that sound like they are in a different language (or maybe they really are and I'm just not paying attention!)
    Exactly. If it ain't jingle bells im not interested ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    It almost sounds like its in a different language, I never put much effort into listening to the words, just skipped it
    It's the Hail Mary sung in Latin. And I think playing it as a Christmas song on the radio is something new, because I just started noticing it recently (unless I don't remember changing the station when it came on).
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Mistletoe Thanks for clearing that up!

I have to add anything from Neil Diamond to this list...I cant stand his voice

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    I have to add anything from Neil Diamond to this list...I cant stand his voice
    I think he sings a 4th of July song that I like...They Come To America (or something like that). But yeah, normally I don't care for his voice, either.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Although I love Christmas, there's a lot of the songs of the season I dislike:( Some of them are:

Little drummer boy (the only version I can stand is the Josh Groban one)
    Feliz Navidad
    12 days of Christmas (any version of this song makes me want to rip my ears off)
    Mele Kalikimaka

There are some horrible danish ones, as well. Most noticeably "Julesang" by Gnags and "Soeren Banjomus" by Otto Brandenburg. Funnily enough, both songs are about mice at Christmas time. I hope none of you ever has to endure the horror of these two numbers