Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: If I hear "___________" one more time...

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Funny. I actually don't mind Mariah's version. Strange for ME since I pretty much only prefer the classic crooners when it comes to Christmas music.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I am so glad I found this thread! I thought I was the only person who hated "Christmas shoes". I also can't stand
    "Last Christmas" by George Micheal (sp?) and now there's a new version by somebody else.

There is also a awful song that was only played in DC. I think they unloaded all the cd's, because I haven't heard it played this year It's called "Christmas Eve In Washington". They tried to mix patriotism with home town pride and Christmas. It's TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I am so glad I found this thread! I thought I was the only person who hated "Christmas shoes". I also can't stand
    "Last Christmas" by George Micheal (sp?) and now there's a new version by somebody else.

There is also a awful song that was only played in DC. I think they unloaded all the cd's, because I haven't heard it played this year It's called "Christmas Eve In Washington". They tried to mix patriotism with home town pride and Christmas. It's TERRIBLE!!!!!!!
    There are actually TWO newer versions of that crap song. One by the cast of Glee, which is mildly tolerable. The other is from Taylor Swift, who I think is an absolutely AWFUL singer.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    There are actually TWO newer versions of that crap song. One by the cast of Glee, which is mildly tolerable. The other is from Taylor Swift, who I think is an absolutely AWFUL singer.

This is terrible news! Oh well it's worse for my brother he hates that song 10 times more than I do. He lives in Japan and over there it's THE Christmas song. Christmas is more like Valentine's day over there, and I'm sure they'll be playing all three versions until his ears bleed.

Here is a link to "Christmas Eve In Washington" for those of you lucky enough to have never heard it. Just remember I warned you!!

http://www.christmaseveinwashington.net/

Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday. Heard it too many times this year!

Jackson 5 "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"

P.S. I know I'm more than a day late and a dollar short in posting this, but I need to get my posting count up to six so that I will be allowed to post a link to my "Mystery Tune" of the week. This post makes gets me up to a grand total of three!
    Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

Bianca Ryan - Why Couldn't It Be Christmas Everyday................................
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Another one that sets my teeth on edge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rYmzQ8C9Q
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    Another one that sets my teeth on edge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rYmzQ8C9Q
    Well...if it's THAT bad, I'm certainly not going to click the link to find out.