Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: If I hear "___________" one more time...

Definitely jingle bells...

wow, Tink, you and the previous person really get sick of hearing 'Jingle Bells'?? I guess a person could get sick of hearing ANY song if it's played too much, but I just never considered Jingle Bells would be on anyone's list.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    wow, Tink, you and the previous person really get sick of hearing 'Jingle Bells'?? I guess a person could get sick of hearing ANY song if it's played too much, but I just never considered Jingle Bells would be on anyone's list.
    I dont think its that bad but stores do tend to play it alot..

When you go from one store to the other and its playing there,,,aaaarrrgggg..

this year it has to be the CHristmas Shoes! arggggg
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    Maybe it's a matter of which version of the song? The Barking Dogs recording is right up there on my list!
    Jorey

One of my new (very old) favorites:
    The Night After Christmas
    http://ClassicChristmasStories/NightAfterX.html

I don't mind the barking dogs that much mine bark alot though. well at least Sassi does. Buddy is so quiet you tend to lose him if he leaves the room
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

we have only one radio station that plays Christmas music 24/7 this time of year. They play only classic and pop Christmas songs. I'm not a big fan of those; well ok, I like a few of the old classics, I don't like the pop songs at all because to me they are not even remotely Christmassy, but that is beside the point. The point that I am trying to eventually get around to making is that this station plays the same few songs over and over and over by several different artists. I turn it on while driving, and you can be sure that anytime I turn it on, I will hear someone's rendition of "Silver Bells," "Winter Wonderland," "Do You Hear What I Hear," "The Christmas Song," "Sleigh Ride," but most of the time, it's 3 of those that's usually played. Now, I like all these songs, but I don't need to hear 2 or 3 versions of the same song in one hour. Why can't they have more variety to the classics or well known songs? There are hundreds of wonderful old songs and carols. I think it's because these are a few of the songs that the masses are familiar with. Anyway, I quickly get tired of hearing these songs because they are so overplayed.

Jingle Bells and Sleigh Ride. My two least favorite songs.

I really like Windham Hill and TSO.
    'Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.' - Helen Steiner Rice

I love all Christmas sons. I don't listen to all- Christmas radio stations - maybe that's why I don't get sick of them!

I always seem to hear "My Grown Up Christmas List" about umteen million times.....The only version I really care for is by Natalie Cole