Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: If I hear "___________" one more time...

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Adding to my list:
    • John Lennon's "Happy Christmas (War is Over)"
    • Any of the Beach Boys' songs
    sad for John Lennon's, I like the words of this song
    Merry Christmas and happy New Year from France

the 12 pains of christmas! I hate that song!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Any of the 'original' cristmas carols; roudolph, jingle bells, frosty the snowman, etc. i hate them all! My list of must listen toos-
    the Christmas Shoes
    Thankful
    the First Noel (Josh and Faith version only)
    petit papa noel
    i'll be home for christmas (again, josh version only)
    hmm... i guess i could save u some time and just say anything sung by josh, martina mcbride, and faith hill
    carol of the bells
    pacabel's canon in d major
    ave maria (josh and instrumental versions only)
    tons more, obviously, but those are the...50+ songs i never go without!!
    Some days we forget to look around us. Some days we can't see the joy that surrounds us, so caught up inside ourselves. We take when we should give... so for tonight we pray for what we know can be. And on this day we hope for what we still can't see. It's up to us to be the change. And even though we all can still do more, there's so much to be thankful for.

Thankful- Josh Groban

Christmas shoes hands down... Also that one by Rod Stewart about his favorite things...just not Christmas-ey enough for me sorry :-/

I agree with the Band Aid, the Jackson 5, John Lennon's, Elton John's, the Beach Boys and Feliz Navidid. I also don't want to hear A Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney or Ave Maria (which they seem to play a lot at weddings and funerals that I go to). I don't like Rod Stewart's voice most of the time- especially in Christmas songs. And, I don't recall what Christmas Shoes is, but I'm pretty sure I don't like it, especially if it's sad.

I do like the "originals", though. Happy childhood memories. I like Christmas music that's upbeat and happy. It's funny the different tastes we have.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    It's funny the different tastes we have.
    Hey I think our tastes are pretty spot on! Lol and I do have to agree that Ave Maria is a song I dont want to hear. I didnt even know that it was supposed to be a Christmas song, the only other time I have heard it was on a videogame I play...and believe me it is the furthest thing from Christmas

Ugh! I hate Grandma got run over by a reindeer and the song where the dogs bark The 12 Days of Christmas or something like that. Oh and anything by The Jonas Brothers I can't stand them! I'm sure I have more but this is all I can think of right now.

You know its funny that you say that about the jonas brothers. I didn't even know that they were a real band. I thought they were supposed to be a little marketing gimmick (which they still probably are) because I never even hear their music. That's probably a blessing. I also don't like any of the crude profane "funny" christmas spoof songs

Yeah, they are just some band marketed by Disney who tries to squeeze every penny out of them and all the tweens/teens think they are these Gods. I think in a few years they will fade out just like the majority of the current Disney stars.

I agree I don't like any crude humor in songs either. Well I don't like crude humor period so...

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    Hey I think our tastes are pretty spot on! Lol and I do have to agree that Ave Maria is a song I dont want to hear. I didnt even know that it was supposed to be a Christmas song, the only other time I have heard it was on a videogame I play...and believe me it is the furthest thing from Christmas
    Haha...I never knew it was considered a Christmas song, either, until I started hearing it on the radio. But, I suppose, what better time to be singing about Mary.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.