Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does it drive you crazy?

Unhappy Does it drive you crazy?

My Christmas decorations for our bay window are hiding from me. It's driving me nuts! I've opened container after container. I know they're in our house, but I can't find them. Does anyone else have this problem? I hope I don't find them the day after Christmas.

Hello again Marshmallow,

It happens all the time for me. I have a photographic memory, meaning I basically take "photos" in my head everywhere I look. It really helps me to remember where I put things, or where I last saw things. I am not good at putting things back where they belong... Most of the time it works very well, but there are those times where I know I put something "there" and when I come back it is no longer there. (I know sometimes that someone else moved it so I have to enter that into the equation)

It happens to the best of us, I hope you find your decorations!

E

When that happens to me and it does every year. The stuff is usually under some thing else in the bin that I didn't see or in the bottom of the bin where I already took over things from. I haven't finished yet because I am tired of looking in all those bins and having to stack them up again so I can park the car in the garage. I only take two or three in the house at a time but something I need is always still in the garage.

Mine are usually in the basement, but I've resorted to looking in closets and under beds. I've run across Christmas items I don't want anymore and have been taking them to Goodwill.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I have somehow misplaced my two glass nativity scenes and can't find them anywhere. I know they are in a small brown box but I am not sure where to start the search again. so yes it drives me crazy! It has to be here I have seen them since we moved in three years ago! presents
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

been there - done that. Almost every year there is something I can't find. One year it was all my 'little people' for the Christmas villages. My villages don't come to life until my people are all in place and I was going NUTS - 3 days before Christmas I finaly found them but the hours wasted looking for them were many. Now they ALWAYS go into a CLEAR tub and under the bed - they don't go out into the garage anymore. All the things that I can't do w/o for decorating now go into clear tubs - I should own stock in Sterlite for as many tubs as I have. For about 6 years now I will buy 4 or 5 after Christmas (they are up to $4.97 now) but have made my searching for stuff alot easier plus they stack real nice ......

Lynne

I LOVE the clear tubs! But if they have to be wrapped in paper to avoid breakage, I put a piece of paper in there against the side telling me what's hiding in the paper. I have looked everywhere and still can't find the stuff for the bay window. I just don't get it.

You didn't mistakenly take it to Goodwill, did you?

I hope not!

When you find it, please let us know.

E

I am sorry to here that your stuff is missing! what are you going to do with your bay window now?
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theedwin View Post
    You didn't mistakenly take it to Goodwill, did you?

I hope not!

When you find it, please let us know.

E
    HORRORS! I hope not! My husband says the problem is I have too much stuff.