Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

I will be remembering my grandpa this and every Christmas, he enjoyed Christmas very much. He liked to tell stories about Christmas during the depression years, they didn't have any money but would make gifts.

This is gonna be a sad christmas this year we lost my oh grandpa.. our kids called him papa.

he was a major part of are family and we had dinner with him at least once a week. Even when i was thinking of buying pressie's the other day i naturally thought of getting him one then remembered he wasnt around..it was a horrible feeling :(
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

I lost my younger sister last November, so Christmas 2009 was terribly hard on my family and I. It's hard to celebrate when someone is missing.
    This year, I'm hoping things will be a little easier, though I know we'll all still be thinking of her. I feel especially remorseful for my parents. My sister was just 25.

I share your pain. This Christmas will be the fourth without Mum and it doesn't get any easier with time. Christmas has not been the same since she passed on, and that is one of the reasons that I joined ATC, in the hope of getting some of the lost spirit back.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Well tomorrow would have been my little baby sons 19th birthday...

Its hard to think that so much time has gone by..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Does anyone here do anything at Christmas to remember their loved ones? Last year, to commemorate my sister, everyone in my family used the money they would have spent on her to buy a toy for a child in need (e.g., Angel Tree). I thought it was very soothing, in a way.

This Christmas is going to be one of the most memorable all. Heta's first Christmas, and Christmas with my parents after few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Myy79 View Post
    This Christmas is going to be one of the most memorable all. Heta's first Christmas, and Christmas with my parents after few years.
    How joyous!
    If there is no joyous way to give a festive gift, give Love away...

We lost my dad last year, and it was difficult spending the first Christmas without him. I am hoping this year it would be easier.

:gingerbread:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Does anyone here do anything at Christmas to remember their loved ones? Last year, to commemorate my sister, everyone in my family used the money they would have spent on her to buy a toy for a child in need (e.g., Angel Tree). I thought it was very soothing, in a way.
    This, has really touched my heart..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)