Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

I'm sorry kalikatzaros. My husband died last year. It's hard to lose someone you've known for so many years --- especially kind relatives.

I remember Jessy (MrsSantaClaus), I remember Maria, a friend of mine who passed away some months ago, I remember a friend who died some years ago, I remember my grandmother.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

This year we lost my Uncle Sean, my cousin Keith and my husband's Uncle Leonard. As always, we also thought of my Dad, my Father-in-law and my Brother-in-law. Unfortunately it's gotten to the point now, where we have lost so many - our 8 grandparents, 9 aunts and uncles and several dear friends -so sad to think about
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I lost my last remaining grandparent last week, my grandmother on my dad's side of the family. Wow, did she ever make Christmas special every year! Santa was always really good to me at her house. Until about 5 years ago, she would make all kinds of Christmas candy every year. And every year her Christmas meal would consist of ham, roast AND turkey, greed beans, corn, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, homemade rolls, and whatever else she could think of. She always overdid on the cooking, but that was just her nature. She wanted to make sure everyone was happy.
    A few hours after I got the call that she had passed away, it hit me that we'd never have another Christmas at Mamaw's house again. She will be sorely missed every day, but especially at Christmas.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

This Christmas we'll be remembering my Uncle Arnold who passed away earlier in the year. It is getting to the point, as you get older, that more have passed on than remain.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    A lot of people have been passing. It seems like I am seeing a Facebook post every week of someone losing a loved one. It's been that way for about a year. My poor Aunt was hit very hard. In less than a year she lost her husband (Christmas day!) her son, her brother (my dad) and her sister in law. I will be remembering my father who died last December 4th. Christmas 2014 I was really just going through the motions. Fortunately my father was never in to any holiday, so it isn't like I have any strong emotional Christmas memories associated with him. This year I plan to really do Christmas up right!

Jolly Elf- Just so that you know. We at All Things Christmas have a closed Facebook group for those who are members here or our invited guests. If you want to join us, I can add you. The group is called All Things Christmas Friends. Just give me your name (message me if you like). It is not a super active group yet, but it's another place for us to stay in touch. Anyone else, let me or Chantelle know.

The following are members:
    Me
    Chantelle
    Tink
    Papa
    Olga
    Tia
    Minnesota Mike
    Angelpugs
    Snowflake
    ...and several of our friends
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 10-07-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Jolly Elf- Just so that you know. We at All Things Christmas have a closed Facebook group for those who are members here or our invited guests. If you want to join us, I can add you. The group is called All Things Christmas Friends. Just give me your name (message me if you like). It is not a super active group yet, but it's another place for us to stay in touch. Anyone else, let me or Chantelle know.

The following are members:
    Me
    Chantelle
    Tink
    Papa
    Olga
    Tia
    Minnesota Mike
    Angelpugs
    Snowflake
    ...and several of our friends
    Thanks for thinking of me! I'm already a member. I posted the Charlie Brown stamp link.

This upcoming season I really will be missing my dad,abuela and my great grandmother who just recently past at 95 years old. It's hard losing someone you love, even harder when you never got to say good-bye
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

My poor sister-in-law just lost her Dad and her Uncle on the same day last week! I will be thinking of her this Christmas