Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

My Grandad died on Christmas Eve a few years back which made it really hard for my Mother around Christmas time, he would come to my house on Christmas day for the Christmas dinner, as would many other relatives which made for some really good Christmas memories, other family members have passed away now too, there is only three of us at Christmas dinner this year which is sad, but we will be remembering all of those who used to sit at the table with us who are no longer here and make a toast to them before eating.

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    This, has really touched my heart..
    Just noticed this comment, olga. I'm glad you feel that way. I think it's touching in some way, too.

My wife and I just finished buying for the angel tree kids again this year. It's nice to do helpful something to commemorate my sister's giving and caring ways.

I may have posted this before - but... We've lost three people around Christmas time. My Aunt died Christmas morning 21 years ago. She was only in her 40's and was a very inteligent and successful woman. Unfortunately she had a drinking problem, she bled to death from a bleeding ulcer. Her family found her dead under the tree. Needless to say - Christmas has never been the same for them! Twenty five years ago, my husband's Uncle had a heart attacked and passed away at a New Year's Eve party. He was an older man who always enjoyed life. Then, about 18 years ago, my Grandmother died a few days before Christmas Her funeral was on Dec 23rd. I think about the three of them every Christmas!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

:santa:

Ill be remembering my mom and dad as i lost them both and my first rescue pug who was such a sweet girl and my friends here at all things christmas who make the holidays fun and give you a warm greeting everyday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will be thinking of my Grandfather, who died one month ago today. While he would not have been with us on Christmas Day if he was alive (he has been badly ill for some time), it is a member of our family who is not alive for Christmas and that alone will affect us all.

He will be in our thoughts that day
    Last edited by Hutton; 12-02-2010 at 06:40 AM.

jeremy m Guest
    i will be thinking of mom's dad(who passed away on 5-26-00,my dad's parents)pop died on 1-6-97 and nana on april 1999,my great grandmother(mamaw,mom's mother's mom)who passed away on 3-15-93...
    and lot other loved ones.

Unhappy

This year I will be remembering my Cousin who died last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Home alone 2 View Post
    This year I will be remembering my Cousin who died last month.
    I'm sorry for your loss Home alone 2.

I will be remembering my dad. It's going to be the first Christmas without him

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Sorry for you both, HA2 and Tia. Having lost my younger sister less than 2 years ago, I can sympathize with you. The pain goes away with time, but the memories remain.

I always think of my Aunt Nora who died Christmas Morning and was unfortunately found by her family next to the Christmas tree. They still don't set up a tree. My grandma died two days before Christmas - 15 years ago and my husband's uncle passed away at a New Years Eve party 25 years ago. This year I'll also be remembering my Aunt Rita who died a few weeks ago.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas