Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

The closer it gets to christmas I remember my aunt Margaret and her family they are all gone except my cousin David and his family. Tommy used to get every family a fruit basket and had it delivered two days before christmas And my cousin Carol would always bring in the most delicous popcorn balls from a candy store in Columbus Ohio. One year she and I made pizzelles for CHristmas. I didn't find any around here this year. Usually Aldi's have them but not this year!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

:holly:

Definitely My Parents. I lost both within 1year of each other.Years ago.

:tree:

I think these Christmas I will be remembering our dog, because its gonna be his 2nd Christmas away from us..
    Someone poisoned him 2 years ago and my dad still can not live with that... He is 75 years old and the dog was his life, his friend, from the day he retired from work.. They even used to go for coffee together.. Now, my dad does not want any other dog and just living remembering him.. Last Christmas he put a photo of him under the tree and after 00.00, dad gave him his little piece of Christmas cake and then cried....
    That was a very sad scene, because I wanted to cry too, I just did not, because I wanted to seem strong.

I just try to get him another one, but he does not want.. I just do not know what to do..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

:holly:

we will be remembering our baby son who would have been 18yrs old next week

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    I think these Christmas I will be remembering our dog, because its gonna be his 2nd Christmas away from us..
    Someone poisoned him 2 years ago and my dad still can not live with that... He is 75 years old and the dog was his life, his friend, from the day he retired from work.. They even used to go for coffee together.. Now, my dad does not want any other dog and just living remembering him.. Last Christmas he put a photo of him under the tree and after 00.00, dad gave him his little piece of Christmas cake and then cried....
    That was a very sad scene, because I wanted to cry too, I just did not, because I wanted to seem strong.

I just try to get him another one, but he does not want.. I just do not know what to do..

Just be there for him and try to understand how he feels. no other dog can take the others place. You have to be ready for another one or else the new dog pays for it in the long run. I have been there

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    we will be remembering our baby son who would have been 18yrs old next week
    Sorry you lost him but he lives in your heart celebrate him. let yourself enjoy his memories.

Thanks OMC for those kind words we did cherish the 16hrs we had with him

I will be remembering my Dad who left us April/98.

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    Just be there for him and try to understand how he feels. no other dog can take the others place. You have to be ready for another one or else the new dog pays for it in the long run. I have been there.
    Hey, thank you.. It is so difficult though...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I will be rembering my aunts (Judy, Margaret, Lillian, Juanita) this CHristmas as I am sure they will be around me. I feel like Aunt Margaret is here as I decorate my tree she loved watching as we decorated her tree each year.

My Grandma and Granddad, Grandma has been gone for 15 years and Granddad for 6. My younger brother who we lost in May. I'm not sure how any of us will handle the holiday season, this year, but I love the poem that was posted and will share that with my family.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!