Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Our son who would have been 21 tomorrow...
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow my dear friend

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

i'm so sorry my friend.As i miss my mom and dad,and my sweet babes noah and sheba the holidays will never be the same as there will always be this emptyness.0166.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow my dear friend
    Quote Originally Posted by angelpugs2 View Post
    i'm so sorry my friend.As i miss my mom and dad,and my sweet babes noah and sheba the holidays will never be the same as there will always be this emptyness.0166.jpg
    Thanks..it's not been too bad today. Does make you wonder...what if..
    Merry Christmas to all...

My Uncle John who was like a second father to me passed away in 2008 unexpectantly is always in my thoughts especially around the holidays.And in September of this year my best friend of 20 years,her dad died after suffering for many years and 2 days after that my beloved cat Bootie had a heart attack & died so this Christmas is going to be a hard one.

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens

My dad. Second Christmas without him. Still miss him

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I have an ornament on my tree that I made many years ago - actually about 32 years ago!!! The ornament includes a photo taken that year on Christmas Day. It was of the whole family - the people I had spent Christmas with my whole life. Three of them have passed away - my Dad passed away in 1989 (scary because I am his age now), my Grandma who died in 1996 and my favorite Aunt, who passed away in 2009. The ornament reminds me of all the great Christmases and great fun we had!

My brother-in-law died this past July at age 46. He loved Christmas! We will definately be thinking of him - especially on Christmas Eve!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My dad, and relatives long gone.

And, the innocent souls in Newtown, CT.
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

I am adding the children and teachers lost in the recent shooting to the list of people I will remember this Christmas. Their families will also be in my thoughts as their hearts will be heavier and their Christmas less merry. I wish I could wrap my arms around them and take some of the weight, and though they will be missing their loved ones deeply, I still wish them a very happy Christmas. May they share a smile at the memories of the beautiful people they will be missing this year. My heart truly aches for them, I hope they can feel the love and support of those who will be thinking of them, as I am sure I am far from the only person who will hold them in their thoughts this year

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    My mother's partner's father (my daughters' non-biological great grandfather)... Last year, I forgot to get him a gift and felt so awful when we shared out the gifts under the tree at my mum's house. I promised myself that this year I would get him something extra special. He passed away earlier this year and now I won't have the chance... I hope he knows I'll be thinking of him this Christmas.

I will also be missing my Nan who passed away in 2006. I used to visit her every Christmas morning and she never got to see my children. I would have loved for her to be here to see my children enjoying Christmas, the way she used to enjoy me, my brother and sister enjoying the day

Also thinking of my father who took his life at Christmas when I was a child. Not truly missed as I was too young to really understand (you can't really miss somebody you never knew) but I will always spare a thought for him at Christmas time.

Here is to all of those who can't be here with us this year And love and respect to all who will be missing loved ones this year

When I was working extra as Santa Claus in a shoppincenter there was a little guy say about 3 yers old that came to me and wisperd in my ear "Santa claus,, I love you" This really came from the hart of the little boy and I got a warm feeling inside my chest, thats what christmas work is about. :-)
    Christmas beliver with a passion for christmas-lights

See you at, http://falksonchristmas.cybersite.nu/

Quote Originally Posted by Falksonchristmas View Post
    When I was working extra as Santa Claus in a shoppincenter there was a little guy say about 3 yers old that came to me and wisperd in my ear "Santa claus,, I love you" This really came from the hart of the little boy and I got a warm feeling inside my chest, thats what christmas work is about. :-)
    That is so sweet that I could almost cry!