Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

I will and have been thinking of my Grandmother. Oh could that lady put on a Christmas. She has been gone now for 8 years and it is still very difficult for me at Christmas time. She use to do a lot of crafts. She made stockings and christmas tree skirts out of felt and sewed all kinds of sequins and beads on them. I had my Christmas tree skirt appraised about 12 years ago and they said to insure for $250.00. I am sure it is probably worth more than that now. Also our stockings are all stockings she made as each one of us kids were born. My stocking is 47 years old. When we each got married our spouse got one and then the grand kids. She even made up some nameless ones for after she died for any new babies to come into the family. She wrapped gifts like a fancy department store. She cooked all kinds of goodies and her Christmas dinner table would put Martha Stewart to shame. Most important of all she made sure us kids knew how much she loved us. She would do anything in the world for us I sure do miss her but I feel her memories in everything I do at Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ajfree View Post
    I will and have been thinking of my Grandmother. Oh could that lady put on a Christmas. She has been gone now for 8 years and it is still very difficult for me at Christmas time. She use to do a lot of crafts. She made stockings and christmas tree skirts out of felt and sewed all kinds of sequins and beads on them. I had my Christmas tree skirt appraised about 12 years ago and they said to insure for $250.00. I am sure it is probably worth more than that now. Also our stockings are all stockings she made as each one of us kids were born. My stocking is 47 years old. When we each got married our spouse got one and then the grand kids. She even made up some nameless ones for after she died for any new babies to come into the family. She wrapped gifts like a fancy department store. She cooked all kinds of goodies and her Christmas dinner table would put Martha Stewart to shame. Most important of all she made sure us kids knew how much she loved us. She would do anything in the world for us I sure do miss her but I feel her memories in everything I do at Christmas.

I will be thinking about my grandmother I lost 22 years ago, and I've always be thinking about her since. 2 years ago my husband lost his father and he tellls me about him everyday. and this summer my dear aunt died on her 65th birthday. This christmas without her will be a sad one.

It has been 20 years since I lost my first son. I still miss him and wonder what he would have been like at this age if he had lived.

Lightbulb First CHristmas In Heaven

First Christmas In Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees
    around the world below
    With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
    reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular,
    please wipe away the tear
    For I am spending Christmas with
    Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
    that people hold so dear
    But the sounds of music can't compare
    with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,
    the joy their voices bring,
    For it is beyond description,
    to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
    I see the pain inside your heart.
    But I am not so far away,
    We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones,
    You know I hold you dear.
    And be glad I'm spending Christmas
    with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,
    from my heavenly home above.
    I sent you each a memory
    of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious
    than pure gold.
    It was always most important
    in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
    as my Father said to do.
    For I can't count the blessing or love
    He has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and
    wipe away that tear.
    Remember, I am spending Christmas with
    Jesus Christ this year.
    Unknown.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

ajfree, what a beautiful legacy your grandmother left you! She must have been a wonderful person. All of you have such tender and touching stories and memories. And, onemagicalchristmas, what a great poem. thank you all. I will be remembering my father, who died in 1991, and also my mother, brothers, two daughters, sister-in-law, nieces and nephew, and of course, my 4 beautiful grandsons, who all live waaaaaaayy out of state. But, MY OLDEST SON IS COMING HERE FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!presents

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    ajfree, what a beautiful legacy your grandmother left you! She must have been a wonderful person. All of you have such tender and touching stories and memories. And, onemagicalchristmas, what a great poem. thank you all. I will be remembering my father, who died in 1991, and also my mother, brothers, two daughters, sister-in-law, nieces and nephew, and of course, my 4 beautiful grandsons, who all live waaaaaaayy out of state. But, MY OLDEST SON IS COMING HERE FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!presents
    I am glad you enjoyed the poem and that you get to see and spend time with your oldest son! Our time on earth is precious! God Bless You!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    I am glad you enjoyed the poem and that you get to see and spend time with your oldest son! Our time on earth is precious! God Bless You!
    thank you for your wonderful poem, it makes me so much think about my dear aunt I lost last june.
    how I miss her this xmas..
    Merry Christmas and happy New Year from France

What a lovely poem. I lost my Mom this past May and my Dad the July before.

My parents and my brother, as i have been away from home for two years

My paternal grandparents and my maternal grandmother.

Denise Wilson
    Charming Gift Store
    http://www.charminggiftstore.com
    Great Gift Baksets For Every Occasion!