Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

With the passing of loved ones and the many men and women we have fighting around the world, many of us will not be able to spend Christmas with everyone in our family. So, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can discuss those who we will be remembering this Christmas...

The main reason I thought of this thread is because my wife recently lost her last living grandfather. And with the holidays quickly approaching, I know we will all be thinking of Grandpa this year and will remember him when we get together as a family for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thinking of him...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

The last 3 years has been hard for us. My nan died suddenly 3 years ago on the 12 december, which made christmas a hard time. Then my mother in law died of lung cancer
    may 2006. At christmas i called her mum xmas as she loved christmas, she would have decorations everywhere (she said it was for the kids, it wasn't really, it was for her).
    We seemed to never be the same about christmas but this year my tree is up already, presents brought. As they always loved christmas, so this year going to remenber them with smiles on our faces. The way they would of wanted.

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by star11069 View Post
    The last 3 years has been hard for us. My nan died suddenly 3 years ago on the 12 december, which made christmas a hard time. Then my mother in law died of lung cancer
    may 2006. At christmas i called her mum xmas as she loved christmas, she would have decorations everywhere (she said it was for the kids, it wasn't really, it was for her).
    We seemed to never be the same about christmas but this year my tree is up already, presents brought. As they always loved christmas, so this year going to remenber them with smiles on our faces. The way they would of wanted.
    I think that is a wonderful way to celebrate and remember your "Mum Xmas" this year... Thanks for sharing with us!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

My Nana & Grandad as always!

It has been 10 years since my Nan passed and I still miss her now.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!!

I pray that each and every one of you who have lost loved ones this year will be blessed with a joyous new year in 2008, along with your families...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

at this time of year I remember my Aunt Margaret I used to spend many days with her when I lived in Ohio. She was my second mom. I would help her put out her decorations and she would always back us a loaf of christmas bread (which no one really liked ) but we never told her. We would graciously accept it every year. so when I think of christmas I think of Aunt Margaret and her christmas bread!

I miss both my parents terribly during the Christmas season because they both loved it and they both made it a wonderful happy time. The atmosphere in my home was one of joy and peace, my dad was always home Christmas eve and never ever sat at the bars. He trimmed the tree and I helped. He loved to decorate.
    Mom liked to have the house decorated but she didn't get involved in doing it.

This will be my 2nd Christmas without Dad and my 7th without mom. But I never let my kids or grandchildren see me sad for it's a happy time and I want them to have good memories too.

Enjoy all your special times with your parents and loved ones. May your homes be an atmosphere of joy and peace.

:santa:

I'll miss both of my parent's also..It's been 6 yrs since my dad passed and 4 since my mother passed away...The traditions that she tried so hard to keep I'll make sure they stay in the family.
    Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Merry Christmas from my home to yours.
    Theresa, Ron & Nolan & Misty the cat

thats a great way to honor her during the holidays.