Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

I miss my whole family on every Christmas day because i don't live with them. I work in a different city with them

frostythesnowman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Our son who would have been 21 tomorrow...

sorry didn"t realise you lost a son tink....your in our thoughts and prayers..

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    sorry didn"t realise you lost a son tink....your in our thoughts and prayers..
    Hey, no problem.....he had a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia but died from his lungs not being developed properly.
    He put up a good fight ( 16 hrs ) and they did do some surgery but alas it wasn't to be...
    He'll be 22 this September.....
    Merry Christmas to all...

frostythesnowman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Hey, no problem.....he had a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia but died from his lungs not being developed properly.
    He put up a good fight ( 16 hrs ) and they did do some surgery but alas it wasn't to be...
    He'll be 22 this September.....
    biggg huggg my friend...

I am new here and wanted to answer this first. I lost my oldest son to colon cancer this year and this will be the first Christmas without him. Also, will be thinking of my mom who passed away on Christmas Day in 2007.

I will remember my father (who passed away in January 1991, of heart failure, and my oldest brother, who died in February 2011, of pancreatic cancer. My dad was only 64, and my brother, only 60.
    Last edited by steph535; 09-29-2013 at 04:10 AM.

frostythesnowman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I will remember my father (who passed away in January 1991, of heart failure, and my oldest brother, who died in February 2011, of pancreatic cancer. My dad was only 64, and my brother, only 62.
    ((((huggs))))))....

My Dad, who died of heart failure in 1990 at age 56; all of my grandparents; my favorite Aunt Carole who died following heart surgery a few years ago; my Aunt Nora who died Christmas morning at age 42 in 1990; and my brother-in-law, who died last summer of melanoma, only 46 years old. My older daughter who lost a very good friend, Mike (27), to a rare disease, a few days after Christmas last December. My younger daughter, who lost a best friend last January of a severe infection, at only 19! We will be thinking of all of them this year! Perhaps Mike's widow and infant daughter - born 4 months after he died - will spend Christmas Eve with us - just like they used to!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    ((((huggs))))))....
    thanks, frosty! and I realized today that I had put my brother's death at age 62, instead of 60; what on earth was I thinking?!?!

My grandparents, all 3 passed away in less than 2 years....Last one was grandpa three week ago- he was the definition of kindness and love and now that Christmas is near it is getting hard not to think of him.