Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing for outdoor decor?

how to?

how do you keep a lit wreath on your door? I mean how would you run teh cord that it wouldnt affect opening and closing the door?

Quote Originally Posted by trish_j View Post
    how do you keep a lit wreath on your door? I mean how would you run teh cord that it wouldnt affect opening and closing the door?
    Hi trish,

Well the way our front door opens (it goes in to the right) I was able to run an extension cord from the wreath cord to an outlet in our front room. I put the cord from the wreath over the first hinge in the door and then ran the extension cord up to it.

Hope that helps!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Hi trish,

Well the way our front door opens (it goes in to the right) I was able to run an extension cord from the wreath cord to an outlet in our front room. I put the cord from the wreath over the first hinge in the door and then ran the extension cord up to it.

Hope that helps!
    Thats how we do it, too. The window wreaths are harder to do, so I just kinda pick and choose which ones I feel are REALLY important. They seem like they would be easier, but with moving the furniture and climbing up on the chairs/ladders, running the cords, not dropping the wreaths down to the first floor, etc...they can take a lot of work! Plus, if you're not careful-you can let a lot of air in through the cracks in the windows. Just a heads-up before you get started!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
    Thats how we do it, too. The window wreaths are harder to do, so I just kinda pick and choose which ones I feel are REALLY important. They seem like they would be easier, but with moving the furniture and climbing up on the chairs/ladders, running the cords, not dropping the wreaths down to the first floor, etc...they can take a lot of work! Plus, if you're not careful-you can let a lot of air in through the cracks in the windows. Just a heads-up before you get started!
    Thanks Annabelle!

I've never done lit wreaths on our windows before; something to think about...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Talking Want some comment on these...

I am thinking about these to be place in my front yard http://www.homebriteholidays.com/holidays/61377.html
    The site said you can use them outdoor. Seems like a good deal, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by calvinko View Post
    I am thinking about these to be place in my front yard http://www.homebriteholidays.com/holidays/61377.html
    The site said you can use them outdoor. Seems like a good deal, what do you think?

Ive seen different homes use them before and they look really great at night and you can barely tell they are there during the day. I also think they seem very resistant to a lot of crazy weather (as long as you have them staked down!).

But don't take my word for it-I haven't used them personally.

Very cool! I only wish I had some extra $ to get a couple...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Now! I cannot decide between the Color one or the white one...

Now! I cannot decide between the Color one or the white one...
    What are your other outdoor decorations?
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I am gearing toward this one http://www.homebriteholidays.com/holidays/61378.html because I am going to have a "snow" theme decor.