Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing for outdoor decor?

What are you doing for outdoor decor?

I'm looking forpictrures or ideas or inspiration for outdor decor.

Anyone wanna post pics???

What type of outdoor decor are you interested in? Light, plants, nativity scenes? Anything?

How much room do you have for decoration?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Thefreshelf View Post
    What type of outdoor decor are you interested in? Light, plants, nativity scenes? Anything?

How much room do you have for decoration?
    LOL. Ok. I have a small yard, and we already do lights on the house, in the 2 trees, and bordering the bushes. (not computerized but C9 bulbs) I'm looking for something, simple, inexpensive and one of a kind neat as a decoration (Yardart??) that makes people get out of their cars and come look closer. LOL

I wanna hear people say OOOH AHHHH COOL!

Oh, and it cant be an inflatable (neighbor kids slash them), and they steal the plastic stuff or "redecorate" them to have naughty parts. LOL.

No problem, right?

Oh, and it needs to store easy in the attic. :D

Theres always problems when it comes to decorating outside. as you said joyfulheart Kids find it funny to slash inflatables, steal ornaments etc.

So its best to have things which cant be messed with i.e Lights on the house of of reach, ornaments attached to the ground, lights in the trees.

Also when decorating outside you have to be careful to make it so it doesnt look tacky. Some people go outside throw up a few lights and have a few naff decorations around the garden. To me if your going to decorate your garden, do in style :D

Best Wishes
    Oliver

You know what, all i have are lights on the house and a snowman, santa and grinch(his dog max too) that i made out of plywood. You woouldnt believe the compliments i get on that. The simpilar the better. It doesnt take much. Oh this year i did get one neat thing over e-bay. Its a sign the numbers light up and says the amount of days till x-mas and lights up. The only downfall was that it came on a yard stake which was shoet, but i git mu husband to attach it to a long stick and drilled it onto a pice of plywood for a stand, its really nice now. It is going onto my front deck. If you happen to want to look at it, search for "countdown to christmas" it should come up.

Hi Trish, I am really curious to see your decor! I have searched google, but can't find it. If you have pictures, I think you can upload pics via http://imageshack.us/ and post the URL here. That would be great!

Thank you

its actually on e-bay, i'll try and see if i can find it. If not i will get my step daughter to take a pic of the one i have and post it.

We use only clear lights on our outside decor. Last year I had clear icicle lights on our front and side porches, lit garland wrapped around our two front columns, a lit wreath on our front door, white lights outlining our fence and our nativity in the front natural area. I'll try to post some pics later if I can get the scanner working.

I'd like to get more lights this year to put up and try to get our icicle lights on both stories of our house (across the roof and the porches). We'll see...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Im a big fan of the traditional garland-www.totallychristmas.com has some that is prelit and/or decorated that looked really fun. Ive decorated with it alot and found it to be really easy and festive. Plus, if you want to make it quirky-you could attach different ornaments and such to it. Pink flamingos would be cool-you could make a beach theme with a little pool or something...I dont know, just thinking aloud.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
    Im a big fan of the traditional garland-www.totallychristmas.com has some that is prelit and/or decorated that looked really fun. Ive decorated with it alot and found it to be really easy and festive. Plus, if you want to make it quirky-you could attach different ornaments and such to it. Pink flamingos would be cool-you could make a beach theme with a little pool or something...I dont know, just thinking aloud.

Good Luck!
    Great site, thanks for sharing Annabelle! : waving :
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com