Thread: Monkey Bread Recipe

LaurenCandito Guest

:gingerbread: Monkey Bread Recipe

Every year around Christmas Eve, my mom and I get together to bake a holiday favorite: Monkey Bread. Monkey Bread is similar to sticky buns, except in Monkey Bread, it is a bunch of little sticky buns baked together. Yum! There are a lot of variations in making Monkey Bread, some people like to add raisins, or dried cranberries, others add walnuts and chocolate chips. No matter what little extras you add to the recipe, this recipe will surely be a hit with your family this holiday!

Here is my easy-made Monkey Bread recipe. monkey-bread.jpg

Ingredients

4 cans refrigerated biscuits
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
    1/2 cup white sugar
    2 tablespoons cinnamon
    1/2 cup raisins or walnuts (optional)

How to make Monkey Bread:

First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and while it is heating, grease a 9-10 inch tube pan. (Tube pans can be found at almost any home-goods store.)

Next mix the white sugar and cinnamon together in a medium sized plastic bag, and shake really well to ensure that it is evenly distributed.

Then, take out the refrigerated biscuits, and cut them into quarters. Once they are all cut, place four to six pieces in the bag with the white sugar and cinnamon, and shake to coat. Repeat until all pieces are coated.

Next, place the dough pieces in the bottom of the greased pan, layering over and over until all of the biscuit pieces are in the pan. If you are using raisins or walnuts, place them among the biscuit pieces as you are layering.

Then, melt the butter with the brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until it boils. Boil for 1 minute, and then pour the melted mix over the layered biscuits.

Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Once done, let the bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn upside down to place onto a plate.

To eat, simply pull apart and enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

my mom makes this.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I love monkey bread! It's so easy to make! I make mine in a red floppy bundt pan from Wal-Mart and it doesn't stick at all. I made it for my dh on his birthday......... but my 2 year old told him the day before, because we went to Walmart to buy the ingredients, then when he saw my dh is he asked for monkey bread? HA!