Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmas eve food

:gift:

We had home baked cookies and breads and pies so it was a munch type night which we usually had sandwiches and ate some of the baked goodies and hot chocolate and we also had sodas as christmas day was the big meal.

Nothing special this year, unless I ride with my sister to see her dad and step mother. Then it will most likely be finger foods. Simple yet, Just as yummy.

memartha Guest

Xmas Eve Food

Tlazer......

Do you make your own crust? If so, would you be willing to share the recipe? I have yet to find a great pizza dough recipe! :(

We have almost everything described on this page: http://www.wonderful-denmark.com/dan...as-dinner.html

i guess pretty much a lot of desserts.. weeeee.. can't wait...
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

:holly:

hello
    planning my appetizers fingerfoods recipes list for this years xmas eve ,
    perhaps doing mostly red/green foods theme for the appetizers

You should try my spinach balls (green) and stuffed cherry tomatoes (red). If interested, let me know and I'll post the recipes!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

more appetizers

recipes always welcome , the mini red tomatos I fill with herbal cream cheese
    I was just browsing the BHG site for appetizer ideas and this weekend I will be looking through my old xmas magazines from previous years like Womans Day and Good Housekeeping both the UK and USA magazine for appetizers

The stuffed cherry tomatoes are stuffed with bacon, scallions and mayonaisse. I always get TONS of compliments on them!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Someone was talking about Pizza dough (about a year back) and I doubt its still relevant but there is really nothing to making Pizza dough-- I've been doing it since I was 10. 1 package of active yeast from the supermarket, about a cup and a half of warm water, 3.5 to 4 cups of all purp flour, 2 shots of olive oil, and some salt -- mix it up and then let it do its thing for an hour-- bing bang boom -- pizza dough ready to boogie.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens