Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Carol Quiz & Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Judy Garland? Maybe not...I believe Sinatra changed the lyrics because the original version was too depressing, and I don't think Garland had the depressing version...
    It was in fact Judy Garland...

In a "Christmas Song", what helps to make the season bright?
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

A turkey and some mistletoe?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Well done!!!

Now onto... What is the most published Christmas hymn?
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Hmmm..I'm going to take a stab at it with Silent Night.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

That is what I would have thought originally, but it is actually "Joy to the World".

What beverage does the singer tell the audience to have a cup of in “A Holly Jolly Christmas?”

A cup of cheer! That one I know, as I often sing that song.

Very cool & very correct...

What movie from popular culture references “Jingle Bell Rock” in the opening scene?

"The Little Drummer Boy": Originally known as "Carol of the Drum", this popular Christmas song was first recorded in 1951 by... :

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    "The Little Drummer Boy": Originally known as "Carol of the Drum", this popular Christmas song was first recorded in 1951 by... :
    I'm thinking...but not sure I know this one...

I'll help with this one. It was the "Trapp Family". Immortalized in the movie Sound of Music...