Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Papa's Christmas Wonderland 2020

Papa's Christmas Wonderland 2020

We finished two trees this weekend I'll try and get some pics posted in the next day or so.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Looking forward to it Papa!

Thanks for all the time you spend decorating Papa. It is a lot of planning and work.

Back at you Brother,I've known we were kindred spirits since the first time I saw all the effort you put into your beautiful trees.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

My two favourite Christmas Decorators! Can't wait to see everything!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I'll Start with the front of the house and work my way through the house to the back porch.
    The lights are C9 LED lights that go all the way around the house.

Papa_Christmas

The front entry/foyer is my wife's Nutcracker collection the tree is decorated with Nutcracker ornaments.

Papa_Christmas

To the left of the front entry is my Train Layout (hope to get it finished one day)

Normally this tree is decorated with train ornaments but since we opted to only do 4 trees this year instead of 7, I decided to do it with my retro 1940-1960 style ornaments.The older folks like myself will remember Shiny Brite ornaments.Christopher Radko has bought the name and is producing them in all sorts of new and colorful styles.

This corner of the layout is Christmas Mountain,it is covered in snow and the shops are decorated with Christmas lights.There is a skating rink with moving skaters and the Stained glass windowed church has a light up Nativity scene.

Papa_Christmas

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I love all of it, but my favorite is your Christmas city ( It's way more than a village!)!

Wow, and this is with you guys cutting back! lol

My favorite I think is the nutcrackers- I have a soft spot for them. I also like retro ornaments- they have character.

You have an interesting shaped house. The whole effect with the lights and everything is stylish.

Do you take that whole village/city room down every year and then put it back up?

The detail! Your family/guests (and us!) are lucky that you love to do it!

Thanks for the tour!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.