Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How different will Christmas 2020 be?

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)

How different will Christmas 2020 be?

So am I the only one worried about this Christmas?

I know things are slowly starting to reopen, but personally I think it is way to soon, and I think it will only make things worse in the long run.

I really want to do a big Christmas dinner with a house full of people, but if there is a food shortage, and we we have to social distance, I don't see that happening.

We were actually discussing at work the other day, (I'm an essential) that it might be a good idea to get your turkey now, and keep it in the freezer.

Sorry to be such a downer! I know we all come to this place to be merry, but the world we live in is a very different place than it was a year ago.

I was thinking the same thing. Here in NV we are slowly opening stores,salons and day cares. Along with quick cares and dentist. Food shortage was never an issue here but toilet/tissue paper was really like finding treasure for a while. I really just don't want my family and friends living in fear. I have a few of them who haven't left their homes since the 2nd week of March. We will be purchasing our ham and turkey in Sept.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Good idea with the ham and turkey.
    .I didn't think of that. I will be buying gifts early this year on line so there won't be any delays with deliveries and avoid going to stores...

I just know without grandkids, Christmas will not be the same....

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I really want my ham. I missed out on in it the last two Christmases. That being said, if Christmas dinner is only going to be 2 people, I don't see me making a ham.

In my lifetime, I have seen many things that tried to remove the focus at Christmas... politics, wars, social unrest, etc. But my focus still is on the "Reason for the Season". So no, Christmas Eve and Day will still hold all the magic of my childhood and beyond...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

perhaps church service online, fewer family members getting together because of the rona

Possibly... but I can more see a larger area for a candlelight service to keep the distance while preserving the Reason for the Season...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

It will be very different for many as our numbers are going up and we've had a couple of new deaths so we know it will be a matter of time things will be shut down again for me it will be quiet as i'm shut down but,that's okay as i'll get to relax and enjoy the season which will feel good.With all that's happened i've learned how to slow it down and enjoy life just all those little things.

Sometimes it is hard to get the full measure of life when you have to speed through life. I'm positive the season will bring as much joy as it has in years past...

It will be an easy day actually easy holiday as it just being my son and i and our furbabes i'll do just enough baking and doing candies for us and it will be our normal dinner just smaller as we'll exchange our gifts and help our furbabes open theirs and we will just relax and enjoy christmas morning.This will be the first holiday i'll actually be able to just relax and enjoy the spirit of the season actually i think i'm really going to enjoy it all as i enjoy my quiet and relaxed life now, just so much you miss when life is fast paced.