Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How different will Christmas 2020 be?

The crowds may indeed be smaller and gatherings at church service may have a little more distance to them. But the spirit cannot be dimmed by events, only in the heart and mine will be wide open to welcome the season once more...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I think this is such an interesting topic this year - especially in the UK where I keep hearing people say 'Christmas in Cancelled'! Rubbish! As if that were even possible.
    Maybe the Markets are closed - maybe the shopping will need to be done online - and maybe there will be fewer parties and concerts, and plays - but we're so lucky to be living in an age where we can continue many of our traditions with just a little bit of effort and technology. As someone who moved 2000 miles away from her family four years ago - I can tell you that you don't have to be in the same room to celebrate together!

For example - AllThingsChristmas is co-hosting the Worlds Biggest Virtual Christmas Market: www.ChristmasMarket2020.com and I'm going to be spending the majority of the next two months doing whatever I can to re-create that festive, amazing atomosphere online for all of those who can't attend the Traditional Christmas Markets that have been cancelled this year. I hope you'll join us!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Sounds wonderful Chantelle i'll be around.

OMG!! Chantelle... I agree with you 100%. Thank you for doing everything you do. My family and I are so excited for "The Christmas Market".. Whether you believe it or not the simple things you do bring us so much joy and we really cherish that.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    I think this is such an interesting topic this year - especially in the UK where I keep hearing people say 'Christmas in Cancelled'! Rubbish! As if that were even possible.
    Maybe the Markets are closed - maybe the shopping will need to be done online - and maybe there will be fewer parties and concerts, and plays - but we're so lucky to be living in an age where we can continue many of our traditions with just a little bit of effort and technology. As someone who moved 2000 miles away from her family four years ago - I can tell you that you don't have to be in the same room to celebrate together!

For example - AllThingsChristmas is co-hosting the Worlds Biggest Virtual Christmas Market: www.ChristmasMarket2020.com and I'm going to be spending the majority of the next two months doing whatever I can to re-create that festive, amazing atomosphere online for all of those who can't attend the Traditional Christmas Markets that have been cancelled this year. I hope you'll join us!
    Well put. The spirit of Christmas transcends time, distance and current situations. It will be celebrated here for certain...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

My husband and I have decided to lean into the difference rather than fight it. My elderly folks won't be able to join us this year, so instead of making a big roast with all the trimmings like usual, we've decided to have tacos on Christmas. It's the kid's favorite - he never eats the roast beef! So, I'm planning on spending Christmas Day in my jammies, drinking kir royales and eating my family's special Christmas Dip. I usually spend the whole afternoon in the kitchen. So, I'm sad my parents won't be with us - but looking forward to a relaxing day. In general, I'm actually hoping that this year is a bit of a reset. We've spent the past few seasons running all around, going to every holiday event in town, making a fuss over everything...I'm hoping that we can see family next year, but I'd be okay if the season remained a little quieter overall in years to come.

Simple and relaxing can be a blessing in disguise. As you said amyboyce, most of us spend wau too much time running around and never seem to be able to slow down and really enjoy the Christmas season. So keep looking on the sunny side of life and we will all get through this and still have a very Merry Christmas...

just me and the cats, distant family won't be traveling due to the pandemic which is getting worse

It will be just the family here as well, but thank goodness for modern tech...

Think it will be different for many,as my son and i are going to bake enough for us to last until after christmas and we'll be doing our own confections and for christmas eve we will be lounging with our furbabies and watching christmas movies and just munching,christmas morning we will have a light breakfast.Christmas morning will be spending time unwrapping our furbabes gifts and ours,then we will prepping for our christmas dinner which will be the usual our ham dinner as we listen to christmas music and if we have enough snow later we'll go out with the dogs and play in it.Same for Thanksgiving doing our turkey dinner of course we'll do a cheese & crackers with some confections and of course my grandmothers hot chocolate.It will be a cozy holiday here as we will be watching the parade on youtube we will be enjoying a few and some retro christmas commercials.This is a holiday that has become special to me as i can truly embrace the spirit as i'm usually to busy and running around this will be a holiday i will treasure,as i hope you all have a very cherished holiday season.