Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How different will Christmas 2020 be?

With this pandemic still around (hopefully we will have found a vaccine by then), understandably people will err on the side of caution. But perhaps this year, with smaller gatherings, we can take a moment to look back at Christmas' past and temporarily travel back in our minds and hearts. Traditions however, do not have to be put on pause due to unforeseen circumstances. The dinners may be only for a few versus many, but they can still have the same contents if we desire. I do believe that one positive will be time. Time to relax, time to fully appreciate the season, time to reflect and most importantly... time to look ahead.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

On my side, it's going to be an incomplete family reunion (but that's okay)!
    Some of us cannot travel back to our parents' house with all the safety rules in place.

Thanks to technology, we're going to be 'broadcasting' gatherings at different places on the big screen TV (I hope it works out well).
    Though I doubt we'd be too engaged physically to care about what's happening on the other side (the TV) xD

We have friend suppliers for Christmas food and turkey too (because it's hard to get one in the stores), which we normally book 3-6 months before Christmas.
    We only hope that the supplier is able to get them in time.

At best, we are going to have 6 of us, instead of a regular 11-ish.
    Well, I guess we'll just make it as warm as we can, with what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Symone View Post
    On my side, it's going to be an incomplete family reunion (but that's okay)!
    Some of us cannot travel back to our parents' house with all the safety rules in place.

Thanks to technology, we're going to be 'broadcasting' gatherings at different places on the big screen TV (I hope it works out well).
    Though I doubt we'd be too engaged physically to care about what's happening on the other side (the TV) xD

We have friend suppliers for Christmas food and turkey too (because it's hard to get one in the stores), which we normally book 3-6 months before Christmas.
    We only hope that the supplier is able to get them in time.

At best, we are going to have 6 of us, instead of a regular 11-ish.
    Well, I guess we'll just make it as warm as we can, with what we have now.
    As long as the Spirit is there, it can still be one for the memory books. We are going to make a scrapbook page (with copies) and call it "A COVID Christmas to Remember"...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

You're right! Awh, that's going to be so memorable. I can copy that idea :D

Both holidays will be heavily impacted for us. I have to say that I am interested to see how I will do. We have collectively decided to only do gifts for the kids in the family this year, which will be strange. And while it's always nice seeing everyone, and togetherness is a big part of the season, I'm also wondering if it will be a reset and make us appreciate things more. I'm looking forward to peacefulness and I trust my Christmas Spirit will be burning bright!

We bought our turkey in July and it's taking up too much room in the freezer!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Both holidays will be heavily impacted for us. I have to say that I am interested to see how I will do. We have collectively decided to only do gifts for the kids in the family this year, which will be strange. And while it's always nice seeing everyone, and togetherness is a big part of the season, I'm also wondering if it will be a reset and make us appreciate things more. I'm looking forward to peacefulness and I trust my Christmas Spirit will be burning bright!

We bought our turkey in July and it's taking up too much room in the freezer!
    Maybe you could cut it in half and do one portion for Thanksgiving and the other for Christmas... As far as your Spirit... I'll be able to see it from South Dakota.

Our numbers are are really climbing now so we may be shut down again for the holidays which for my son and i is not an issue we are looking forward to our quiet holiday here,this year we are enjoying the real feel of the holiday season it's been so amazing our home has a different feel this year it's hard to explain.Know what you mean mistletoe we got our turkey a few weeks ago it's big but,it was at a good price so it's in our other freezer and we got cans of cranberry sauce,all the other stuff for our baking .

This year will be different in more ways than just the pandemic. I will retire next Wednesday. Take the rest of November to visit my in-laws and then all of December just to enjoy the holiday season completely. I think I've earned it... lol. Like most everyone, it will be a bit quieter than it has in the past, but perhaps a closer listening to "Silent Night" will give it a whole new meaning of love, joy and peace on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    This year will be different in more ways than just the pandemic. I will retire next Wednesday. Take the rest of November to visit my in-laws and then all of December just to enjoy the holiday season completely. I think I've earned it... lol. Like most everyone, it will be a bit quieter than it has in the past, but perhaps a closer listening to "Silent Night" will give it a whole new meaning of love, joy and peace on Earth.
    Hear, hear!

I mean, if we can't make this work, who can? We've got Christmas Spirit stored up in us!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Hear, hear!

I mean, if we can't make this work, who can? We've got Christmas Spirit stored up in us!
    Well put. Those in whom the light shines need to make certain others can see it even thru the fog of COVID-19...