Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you decorate your home last year?

Quote Originally Posted by darketernal View Post
    I think i especially liked all the lights that i put around my fence.
    darketernal! Glad you've joined us!

Your lights must have looked nice last year. We don't have a fence, but if we did, I'd like to do the same.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Last year was played down just a it due to some unforseen problems that came up late in the year. I'm sure we all have experienced that at one time or another. Fortunately this year is much improved, even with my injury just after Thanksgiving. All better now, just needed some healing time...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Last year was played down just a it due to some unforseen problems that came up late in the year. I'm sure we all have experienced that at one time or another. Fortunately this year is much improved, even with my injury just after Thanksgiving. All better now, just needed some healing time...
    Glad to hear it!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

This year, my wife and I will open our gifts under the main tree located in the library. It has always been in the main living room in the past, but this year we decided to do it a little different. Especially since I turned a portion of the library into her Harry Potter room...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Does anyone hang framed Christmas pictures around the house, in place of the regular pictures/portraits hanging on the walls?

As a matter of fact, yes. We have a framed set of Disney Pins that are framed and set on a copy of the original Disney Christmas Card, a Santa canvas with him holding a list with all the family names on it and I framed Mistletoe, that says... Meet Me Under the Mistletoe...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    As a matter of fact, yes. We have a framed set of Disney Pins that are framed and set on a copy of the original Disney Christmas Card, a Santa canvas with him holding a list with all the family names on it and I framed Mistletoe, that says... Meet Me Under the Mistletoe...
    Nice! I would like to try and do that next year.

It always looks nice to see those items. Probably why I spend a lot of time in my office... lol

This year is a bit more extreme. With several villages in the various rooms (including Diagon Alley in the library) and trees upstairs and down. So no matter what room we are relaxing in, we can experience the magic of Christmas...

I had outside lights last year but I decided when they got worn out I wouldn't decorate outside anymore. Concentrate on the inside